Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 5852 CS with Vistara -- Seat Selection?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat., AC Alt. E50+, AP DD; BA Gold, OW Emerald
BA 5852 CS with Vistara -- Seat Selection?

Hi All. I'm traveling on BA 5852 from BOM to DEL on Vistara their code share partner in India. I'm not able to select my seats currently. The app says that selection will be available at check-in. I'm in PE on the Vistara flight and then CW all the way through to Toronto (BOM-DEL-LHR-YYZ). I'm a EC G member.

Has anyone had experience with this? Is there way to do the advance seat selection?

Thanks all.

PK
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Can you access the booking on the Vistara site? You would normally do seat selection with the operating airline.
pkdi likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Answered my own question

Sometimes the most simple answer is the correct one. For the benefit of others who may have the same issue. Simply use the booking reference from BA on the vistara site and then select "modify optional services". You can then select seats free of charge. I"m not sure if this would work in E but it did for PE.

It is mis-leading that BA doesn't indicate this anywhere in the booking, or in the app. Everywhere I checked only said that seat selection wasn't available until check-in. I'm not too picky with seats however is a middle seat on this flight wouldn't be what I want.

Thanks all

PK
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Hi Karfa. You have been so helpful. I have not had it happen that the booking references are the same on the operating airline-- aircanada and united, or BA and AA --- so I wrongly assumed it wouldn't work until I tried it. If I had read your message I would have known better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.