BA multi-carrier award chart

Old Nov 26, 19, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

BA multi-carrier award chart

Hi,

Couple of questions about this.

Fundamentally, I want to go to PPT in September. There is availability on Qatar from Edinburgh-Doha-Auckland and back. (and via KUL with BA KUL-LHR).

But I might want to stretch the journey via Japan, for instance.

Anyone got any great ideas for multi partner routes? Even via USA OK, since I have family in Denver.

Second. If I want to book another journey, is there a way to be able to book those flights more than a year (OK, 355 days) from today. IE can I do it somehow 355 days from the September flight? (I might want to make another journey in March 2021 - but wouldn't want to wait until March 2020 to book the PPT trip!)

Many thanks.
Old Nov 26, 19, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You'd need to include a "land sector" for PPT-TYO and book it separately (you can do it for 40k AA miles and around $25 in taxes in J on the twice-a-week TN flight from PPT to NRT). I think the "land sector" cannot be longer than any of the flights segments, which shouldn't be an issue in your case.
Old Nov 26, 19, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
No you can’t book a flight more then the 355 days in advance that BA currently offers.

And remember partner airlines often have their own booking windows which could be less than BAs and BA would follow the partners horizons not its own.
Old Nov 26, 19, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
No you can’t book a flight more then the 355 days in advance that BA currently offers.

And remember partner airlines often have their own booking windows which could be less than BAs and BA would follow the partners horizons not its own.
And some airlines only go 330 days out (software limitation)

PPT as an award destination is a ~common question. Difficult place to get to, with few airlines.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faa%27...tional_Airport
The only OW airline is LATAM from South America. And LATAM is leaving OW Oct 2020
If you can get an award to AKL, you can buy a cash ticket on Air NZ AKL-PPT. Will be at a price. Air NZ are infamous for not releasing awards to ff partners (Star Alliance).
TN is a ff partner of AA, but not BA.

Some PPT threads (there are more)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 26, 19 at 8:26 pm
Old Nov 26, 19, 8:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hertz pres circle, SPG Gold, hilton diamond
I'd go the Latam route and stop over in IPC on the way from SCL.

Honestly tahiti is a dump, so hopefully you're only planning on using it as a jump off point.
Old Nov 26, 19, 10:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
You can add legs as they come into range, and they should waive the £35 change fee if you point out that they were not books or to start. Causes confusion if youíre starting off with a regular award and moving onto the multi-carrier chart sometimes though (donít expect much out of the night shift in India).

YMMV on the extra trip, some reports of success, some failure - I didnít try it in the end.
Old Nov 27, 19, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by aceman View Post

Honestly tahiti is a dump, so hopefully you're only planning on using it as a jump off point.
Don't forget LATAM is leaving OW, so might no longer be available when OP wants to travel.
Old Nov 27, 19, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by aceman View Post

Thoroughly recommend IPC also.

I was pleasantly surprised by Tahiti - felt like a real place where real people live whereas a lot of the small luxurious tropical islands can seem like artificial man-made resort-prisons - OK to chill for a few days but that's it.
Old Nov 27, 19, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post

I was pleasantly surprised by Tahiti - felt like a real place where real people live whereas a lot of the small luxurious tropical islands can seem like artificial man-made resort-prisons - OK to chill for a few days but that's it.
... and can always jump on a ferry to Moorea.
Old Nov 27, 19, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by etiene View Post
YMMV on the extra trip, some reports of success, some failure - I didnít try it in the end.
It seems that the BA agents across centre have enforce the "no backtracking" rule. I have attempted to make this type of booking very recently, and got flatly refused to add further backtrack segments (after somehow insisting, they place this rule on my booking as well)
etiene likes this.
Old Nov 27, 19, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Good luck finding award availability SCL-IPC-PPT with any length of stop in IPC.
Old Nov 27, 19, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by armouredant View Post
Good luck finding award availability SCL-IPC-PPT with any length of stop in IPC.
I didn't have a problem with availability booking exactly this trip last year - BUT worth bearing in mind that the flight IPC-PPT does only go once a week (on a Monday night I think).

LATAM reward availability has always been very random (lots one week, then all pulled the next) and it wouldn't surprise me if they reduce or pull it completely with the OW withdrawal coming up.
Old Nov 27, 19, 6:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by marcolau317 View Post
It seems that the BA agents across centre have enforce the "no backtracking" rule. I have attempted to make this type of booking very recently, and got flatly refused to add further backtrack segments (after somehow insisting, they place this rule on my booking as well)
What do you mean, they placed the rule on your booking?
Old Nov 27, 19, 9:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
What do you mean, they placed the rule on your booking?
Yes. The agent said the manager left a memo saying it was prohibited to generate an itinerary involve backtracking.

Also, various centre staff was unable to generate an itinerary that involves backtracking, which they said they were unable to add the segments that triggered backtracking into the shopping cart. This meant either the first or last segment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: