British airways first class

Old Nov 26, 19, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD View Post
I never understand why airlines (and I really do mean this generally) insist on serving food that is just so hard to get right in the air. I mean really, with the incredible options out there in world cuisine why even attempt to serve fish the way BA does or for that matter why would anyone ever think it makes sense to have asparagus soup on an airplane. Just bizarre choice making on the airlines part, maybe the people in charge of menu planning are all stoned as that is the only way I can make sense of it.
We were so glad of the asparagus soup on our recent return flight. We departed PUJ with a full J cabin. apparently none of the food loaded matched up with the menus so no menus were handed out. This was probably for the best because quite how they would have described the offerings would have been interesting. The only barely edible offering was the soup. My complaint to CS has resulted in 10k avios each.
Old Nov 26, 19, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by steve170461 View Post
We were so glad of the asparagus soup on our recent return flight. We departed PUJ with a full J cabin. apparently none of the food loaded matched up with the menus so no menus were handed out. This was probably for the best because quite how they would have described the offerings would have been interesting. The only barely edible offering was the soup. My complaint to CS has resulted in 10k avios each.
You were glad it was onboard, yet it was "barely edible" - exactly my point. There are many wonderful and cheap to produce options that reheat extremely well on an airplane (e.g. the endless variety of Asian dishes all the way to many typical Arabic dishes) yet BA and most other airlines insist on asparagus soup that makes everyone smell in the bathroom and even cooking in a professional kitchen low margin for error meats and fish ...pure silliness.

Last edited by Fly_IAD; Nov 26, 19 at 6:31 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 26, 19, 2:42 pm

Wow! First world problems eh?
Old Nov 26, 19, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by AlanA View Post
Wow! First world problems eh?
Well ..... er ...... yes.

If you shell out big money on a First class air ticket (or 5* hotel) and the airline (or hotel) doesn’t deliver, then most people tend to have a problem with that. No great surprise really.
NoY, SW7London, oxtailsoup and 9 others like this.
Old Nov 26, 19, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Jumeirah Sirius Gold, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Traveller, PUCCI Fan Club
I’m fortunate enough to fly Business and First on a regular basis (monthly.. split evenly). My observations are:-

First isn’t that much better than CW. I’d agree with the CW+ analogy.

I have far more positive First flights than poor First flights. Probably in the ratio of 9:1. So whilst 90% of my experiences are generally good, the poor 10% are still annoying.

I would say may ratio of good/poor CW flights is more even... maybe 60/40. I find there is a higher chance of CW crew not being interested than the crew in First who tend to be more professional... in my experience.

I understand the OPs frustrations nonetheless.
Old Nov 26, 19, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Originally Posted by rocketship87 View Post
FWIW, AA First is just as bad food and the seat is far worse for sleeping.
Somebody told me that at a Do. I thanked them for mentioning that but pointed out AA don't fly to BOS from LHR.
Old Nov 26, 19, 8:46 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Jimmie76 View Post
Somebody told me that at a Do. I thanked them for mentioning that but pointed out AA don't fly to BOS from LHR.
American Airlines is adding a service from Boston to London at the end of March next year with a 772 so no F cabin but pretty decent J seats and the little inflight snack bar between the forward and middle J cabins.
Old Nov 26, 19, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
Seem to remember (maybe around 12 months or so ago .... ) during a wide-ranging thread on the topic of BA First, one of our very heavy BA flyers suggesting that - for the purpose of passenger expectations - it could perhaps be appropriately described as something like CW Plus or First Lite.
ahem, “business suite” 😉

Search this Thread
Search Engine: