Involuntary seating change

Old Nov 25, 19, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Involuntary seating change

I booked a flight a month ago to travel to Naples next Summer and chose seats 1D and 1F on an A320 as there's a fraction more space but have just seen the booking has been changed to the row behind. I assume I've been bumped back as I'm not Gold but I was originally able to choose them. While it's not a drama I'm interested as to why I was originally able to book them and why BA haven't let me know of the change. I'm going to call them although, as I said, it's not big deal. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Old Nov 25, 19, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
If you're not Gold, it's not worth calling - they won't move you

Were you Gold when you booked ?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 25, 19, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), LH FTL, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Suffolk View Post
I booked a flight a month ago to travel to Naples next Summer and chose seats 1D and 1F on an A320 as there's a fraction more space but have just seen the booking has been changed to the row behind. I assume I've been bumped back as I'm not Gold but I was originally able to choose them. While it's not a drama I'm interested as to why I was originally able to book them and why BA haven't let me know of the change. I'm going to call them although, as I said, it's not big deal. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Some of the LGW A320's are second hand frames from [?] and on the right hand side the first row of CE starts as row 2. 1 A / C are on their own in the space where the wardrobe would normally be, so LCC style, with legroom into the entry door. Are you sure it's not one of these aircraft. Can you actually see 1D / 1F?
Old Nov 25, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
You may have also been moved from row 1 to accommodate a Guide Dog.
Old Nov 25, 19, 9:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Are seats 1D and F still showing or has the cabin layout changed so there is 1A and C but no 1D and F? If the latter it may have been swapped to one of the 10 G-GATx A320s based at LGW which have a different layout.

CY177 | The BA Source
Old Nov 25, 19, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by contrails7 View Post
Some of the LGW A320's are second hand frames from [?] and on the right hand side the first row of CE starts as row 2. 1 A / C are on their own in the space where the wardrobe would normally be, so LCC style, with legroom into the entry door. Are you sure it's not one of these aircraft. Can you actually see 1D / 1F?
Thank you, I'm being forgetful. It's been a second-hand airframe before so 2 D&F are the front seats on the right. I appreciate you pointing this out.
Old Nov 25, 19, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Alwayslook at the seat map not just the seat numbers!
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Honors Diamond
Iíve noticed that sometimes on Gatwick flights only half of the front row is blocked for Golds. Iím not sure why. Could be deliberate on smaller Club cabins, or a glitch, or in someway related to the aircraft without 2DF.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: