Geneva British Airways Lounge

Old Dec 16, 19, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC
BrewDog bar looks cool. Wonder is that draught Punk IPA?
Old Dec 16, 19, 8:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by matmas View Post
I was able to visit the lounge this morning, despite four flights (3x BA + 1x IB) it was empty and quiet.

The lounge looks really very good - a clear improvement!

The selection of food and drinks is much better than before.

There is a whole new team, both at the welcome desk and at the service, which still has to be enrolled.

With the opening of the lounge there is unfortunately a bad BA rule change in Geneva for using Fast Track. Only passengers booked in business class will now have access to the Fast Track. I am Emerald (IB Platino) and had a BA Premium Economy - access not allowed... I asked then at the gate: Even in the highest economy booking class (Y) there is no fast track for oneworld status holders. I don't get it - Is Fast Track not a privilege of oneworld Emerald status (regardless of the operating airline)...?

Best regards from T5

I wasn't aware of this but my ET boarding pass worked at the fast track barriers on 1st December
Old Dec 17, 19, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Originally Posted by GadgetGal View Post
I wasn't aware of this but my ET boarding pass worked at the fast track barriers on 1st December
Same. Went through yesterday (16 Dec) in ET with 'Fasttrack' printed on boarding pass and the fast track automated barriers worked fine.

Agree that lounge is good and the Brewdog bar a nice touch. A shame I was driving when I returned to LHR so couldn't take full advantage.
Old Dec 17, 19, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Visited the new GVA lounge last Friday. What an upgrade it is. While a bit dark, it looks modern, has lots of power points / USB chargers, had a good food and drink selection, etc. The seats around the perimeter are wide enough that you don't feel right next to your neighbour, which is nice if it's full, though I found the cushions quite hard.

I had no problem with Fast Track as a BAEC Silver in economy.

Interestingly, my BA post-travel survey asked me specifically about my lounge experience.
Old Dec 17, 19, 1:54 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by DC Mike View Post
...though I found the cushions quite hard.
Over the coming years numerous derrieres will address that cushion softness factor concern.

Myself, I'm still working out how to reverse that process.
Old Dec 17, 19, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sjc2679 View Post
Same. Went through yesterday (16 Dec) in ET with 'Fasttrack' printed on boarding pass and the fast track automated barriers worked fine.
Likewise for me today - except that fasttrack (and most of the security actually) was closed, which turned my delight about managing a same day change to the earlier flight into a slight stress as there was a fair queue. Interestingly, it moved quickly, and I think it was because they were trying out new security scanners. No need to remove laptops or liquids, and in my rush I forgot I had a 500ml water bottle, full in my bag. I still have the 500ml of French water with me so maybe some positive change is coming in the security arrangements...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: