Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Geneva British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC
BrewDog bar looks cool. Wonder is that draught Punk IPA?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by matmas
I was able to visit the lounge this morning, despite four flights (3x BA + 1x IB) it was empty and quiet.

The lounge looks really very good - a clear improvement!

The selection of food and drinks is much better than before.

There is a whole new team, both at the welcome desk and at the service, which still has to be enrolled.

With the opening of the lounge there is unfortunately a bad BA rule change in Geneva for using Fast Track. Only passengers booked in business class will now have access to the Fast Track. I am Emerald (IB Platino) and had a BA Premium Economy - access not allowed... I asked then at the gate: Even in the highest economy booking class (Y) there is no fast track for oneworld status holders. I don't get it - Is Fast Track not a privilege of oneworld Emerald status (regardless of the operating airline)...?

Best regards from T5

I wasn't aware of this but my ET boarding pass worked at the fast track barriers on 1st December
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
I wasn't aware of this but my ET boarding pass worked at the fast track barriers on 1st December
Same. Went through yesterday (16 Dec) in ET with 'Fasttrack' printed on boarding pass and the fast track automated barriers worked fine.

Agree that lounge is good and the Brewdog bar a nice touch. A shame I was driving when I returned to LHR so couldn't take full advantage.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Visited the new GVA lounge last Friday. What an upgrade it is. While a bit dark, it looks modern, has lots of power points / USB chargers, had a good food and drink selection, etc. The seats around the perimeter are wide enough that you don't feel right next to your neighbour, which is nice if it's full, though I found the cushions quite hard.

I had no problem with Fast Track as a BAEC Silver in economy.

Interestingly, my BA post-travel survey asked me specifically about my lounge experience.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by DC Mike
...though I found the cushions quite hard.
Over the coming years numerous derrieres will address that cushion softness factor concern.

Myself, I'm still working out how to reverse that process.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by sjc2679
Same. Went through yesterday (16 Dec) in ET with 'Fasttrack' printed on boarding pass and the fast track automated barriers worked fine.
Likewise for me today - except that fasttrack (and most of the security actually) was closed, which turned my delight about managing a same day change to the earlier flight into a slight stress as there was a fair queue. Interestingly, it moved quickly, and I think it was because they were trying out new security scanners. No need to remove laptops or liquids, and in my rush I forgot I had a 500ml water bottle, full in my bag. I still have the 500ml of French water with me so maybe some positive change is coming in the security arrangements...
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:31 am

Using the Marhaba Lounge in C wing

It seems like more and more GVA-LHR flights are going in and out of the more modern C gates; all yesterday’s flights did but there’s at least one going today from the B satellite gates.

C gates are more modern and it’s generally nicer experience waiting to board and going through immigration here (although last weekend the queue for UK passport holders looked much like LHR T5 on a bad day!

Anyway, C gate departures make using the normal lounge a bit tricky as it’s a longish walk and last few times I ended up getting to there gate was too early. However, it seems that we can now use the Marhaba lounge in the C concourse, at least according to the One World website. Last time I took the first flight out on a Saturday it wasn’t open yet so wasn’t able to test it. It’s supposed to be open at 6 so will try again this weekend. I’ll report back with any findings.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Alibarber
Likewise for me today - except that fasttrack (and most of the security actually) was closed, which turned my delight about managing a same day change to the earlier flight into a slight stress as there was a fair queue. Interestingly, it moved quickly, and I think it was because they were trying out new security scanners. No need to remove laptops or liquids, and in my rush I forgot I had a 500ml water bottle, full in my bag. I still have the 500ml of French water with me so maybe some positive change is coming in the security arrangements...
Amsterdam also lets you keep liquids in the bag. Ironically it seems to have slowed things, because as people take them out of their bags, security staff insist on them putting them back in the bag, which slows things down.
Old May 22, 2022, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc
It seems like more and more GVA-LHR flights are going in and out of the more modern C gates; all yesterday’s flights did but there’s at least one going today from the B satellite gates.

C gates are more modern and it’s generally nicer experience waiting to board and going through immigration here (although last weekend the queue for UK passport holders looked much like LHR T5 on a bad day!

Anyway, C gate departures make using the normal lounge a bit tricky as it’s a longish walk and last few times I ended up getting to there gate was too early. However, it seems that we can now use the Marhaba lounge in the C concourse, at least according to the One World website. Last time I took the first flight out on a Saturday it wasn’t open yet so wasn’t able to test it. It’s supposed to be open at 6 so will try again this weekend. I’ll report back with any findings.
Update: last few trips have been on the 7am GVA-LHR on Sunday mornings. Gave myself a long lie today and waiting for the 11:50. Did a quick stop in the BA lounge in the main terminal, and once C gate departure was confirmed, I went through immigration (if you’re travelling on a U.K. passport then plan on a long ... wait here!)
Was rather disappointed to discover that the Marhaba Lou he was again closed. Guy at the Aspire lounge felt bad and kind of rolled his eyes when I asked if it was ever open. Said “it depends on flights”. In other words, the OneWorld website claim that it’s open from 6:00-21:00 is nonsense. C concourse is fine with nice runway and Jura views, but when the place is busy it’s nonstop announcements in like 9 different languages.

Last edited by RichieMc; May 22, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in on 6/24. Annoyingly the lounge doesn't open until 0600. With the first flight of the day at 0710 this seems a little silly. I had to wait 10 minutes for it to open.

The lounge is a fairly long walk from the Fast Track security line and located upstairs in a dingy corridor just down the hall from the LX Senator Lounge

I like that there are a variety of seating areas and a lot of them have power outlets

Food was fairly limited with no hot options.

Liquor selection disappointing but at least it was too early for me to need any.
The _Banking_Scot and Genius1 like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Flew out of GVA last week, lounge is nice but there wasn't a lot of food on offer. They still have the QR code on tables to scan, but there was nothing available to order, it just explained to use self-serve.

Also re: Fast Track security, I was surprised to get denied as Emerald travelling in ET and scanned a few times before an attendant told me it was for business class only. However when I went back through normal security there was no queue and I was able to go straight through. Moves quickly when you don't have to take anything out of your bag, and a full bottle of water isn't a problem.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:01 am

Hmmm...that's odd. I go in and out of Geneva all the time. About half the time in CE and half the time in ET. Never had a problem getting through fast track as BA Gold. Maybe somehow it doesn't recognise QF Plat correctly? Does the BP say "Fast Track"?Regular security is often just as quick and I've even just gone through it when fast track is busy. Getting through the new scanners is great but they are not always open and even when they are, you might get directed to the old scanners and have to take out lap tops and liquids.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Interesting, mine has Group 1 but does not say 'fast track' above the QR code.

Edit: Also with BA mobile boarding passes, they don't seem to show oneworld partner status - or at least not Qantas. I get a white background, and this sometimes causes lounge agents to reject me if in ET, assuming I've got no status (although "Group 1" should give it away?). I either have to convince them to scan it anyway (and then they seem surprised when the computer says yes), or if they can print a traditional boarding pass out that will show my Emerald status.

Last edited by LondonAussie; Aug 11, 2022 at 12:14 pm
Old Nov 26, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is it even possible to visit this lounge with a 0650 flight? or would you have to go through security/immigration before hand to get to the gate on time since the lounge opens at 6? Im in CW and oneworld Emerald so hoping to have fast track. Not sure if there is a lounge on the other side I can visit these days once through immigration.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 3:22 pm

I can’t in good conscience recommend visiting the BA lounge in this case. Security with fast track should be fine. Immigration is where you might have an issue. Sometimes you go right through. Other times it’s a mess if you have a few UK and other non-Schengen flights. It will always be quicker with an EU/EEA passport.

Anyway, even in the best case, you’ll have 20 mins max in the lounge and you’ll be stressing because you can’t know beforehand what passport control looks like. After immigration, there is the Marhaba lounge which you’d have access to but I’ve never once seen it open at any time of the day. I asked the guy in the other lounge if it ever is and he rolled his eyes and said “it depends on the flights…”

Long story short, get there in time for your flight and no earlier. You’re not missing anything!

Last edited by RichieMc; Nov 27, 2022 at 9:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.