Do BA staff even notice BA Bronze?

Old Nov 23, 19, 3:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Do BA staff even notice BA Bronze?

On this forum there is widespread dismissal of BA bronze status. I was wondering, do crew even notice it? Would crew scorn at it like many on here do?
Old Nov 23, 19, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
demolineux your question might be better answered here BA Bronze Useless?
orbitmic, alex67500 and argonath like this.
Old Nov 23, 19, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by demolineux View Post
On this forum there is widespread dismissal of BA bronze status. I was wondering, do crew even notice it? Would crew scorn at it like many on here do?
We don’t scorn at all. It might help with meal choices if ratios become an issue or get you a cursory ‘welcome back’ from the crewmember taking meal orders but other than that the chances of there being a large number of Silver/Gold/GGLs etc are high and these take more of our attention.
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Nov 23, 19, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
I very much doubt that BA staff “scorn” Bronze.

Actually I suspect that most BA staff think about customer status very little for most of the time unless they’re doing something which specifically requires them to think about it - such as for lounge access or maybe prioritising meal selection on long hauls

I'm not clear quite what the OP would like staff to be doing for bronze members? In my experience in-flight, most staff don’t consider any levels of passenger status except in specific circumstances.

That’s not necessarily a criticism of the staff either - it’s just that if one is faced with hundreds of customers, I suspect that just getting the job done is the main focus!
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You'll generally get more recognition from BA staff if you engage with them and treat them as human beings. It's really nothing to do with status, and I suspect the more you expect recognition from status the less you're likely to get it.
bakera, Andriyko, Nicc HK and 31 others like this.
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by MFCC View Post
We don’t scorn at all. It might help with meal choices if ratios become an issue or get you a cursory ‘welcome back’ from the crewmember taking meal orders but other than that the chances of there being a large number of Silver/Gold/GGLs etc are high and these take more of our attention.
Me and my partner took a flight last week , me silver her blue/nothing. The purser came to her CE class, came to her , addressed her by name and said 'hello miss c , thank you for taking your first flight as a member of the baec , I know a lot of the time it's like we don't care , but we do and I'm glad to welcome you'

she was really astounded they knew her name and said that has never happened to me on a flight before
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by mwp1 View Post
Me and my partner took a flight last week , me silver her blue/nothing. The purser came to her CE class, came to her , addressed her by name and said 'hello miss c , thank you for taking your first flight as a member of the baec , I know a lot of the time it's like we don't care , but we do and I'm glad to welcome you'

she was really astounded they knew her name and said that has never happened to me on a flight before
This will have been a targeted messaged the purser was instructed to give via their iPad. Glad your partner found it valuable.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by MFCC View Post
This will have been a targeted messaged the purser was instructed to give via their iPad. Glad your partner found it valuable.
She was, as she has only ever flown Thomas cook , easy jet , continental etc
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Starbucks Gold (free syrup, don't knock it), My John Lewis (free coffee and cake!)
What's to notice?

(ok, semi tongue in cheek, but really.... )
Old Nov 23, 19, 5:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Mrs Wilsnunn who is Bronze more often than not gets a “welcome back” when she boards the flight and they see her BP so at least a bit of recognition.
Old Nov 23, 19, 7:38 pm

In my experience it makes no odds what status you are. I'm fine with that.
Old Nov 23, 19, 7:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
not sure what "noticed" at bronze means, but when I first attained bronze the CSM came and thanked me for my regular flying, similar to the message I get when I retain silver. Thats the only time I am aware the CSMs are sent out to say something to bronze and silver.
Old Nov 23, 19, 7:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I was travelling to Prague in CE and the CSM was doing her greetings after the meal service.

MR 1D. Welcome back.. as Silver I hope you managed to try some of the lounges in T3. I hear there is plenty of choice.

MR 1F. Oh it says for me to welcome you to CE as your first flight being a bronze member.. speak to your friend about the benefits of Silver..... ��
Old Nov 23, 19, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Would crew scorn at it like many on here do?
99.99% of FT posters do not work for BA so can take any attitude they want to those of of a lower status. That they do says a lot about them and their sense of self importance.

Just becaise some flyer talkers scorn bronze does not mean BA employees do.

Flyertalk DOES NOT equal BA staff.
Old Nov 23, 19, 9:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
99.99% of FT posters do not work for BA so can take any attitude they want to those of of a lower status. That they do says a lot about them and their sense of self importance.
I think such an attitude, if anyone looks down on Bronze at all (I don't - but I don't look up to Prem, GGL, Gold, Silver etc. either - airline status isn't a reflection on one's person in the slightest), is a tad misplaced, I'd say. Besides everything else, most of us have been Bronze at one point.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: