Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC luggage tags: practical utility or personal statement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC luggage tags: practical utility or personal statement?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:20 am

Hello people
Slightly off topic but are they still sending out physical status cards automatically? If not what status level do you have to be to request one? Seeing lots of conflicting info online. I just qualified for bronze, will be silver by beggining of July and gold by end of August. And before anyone says anything, yes I would love a good tag for ego reasons; I'm 19 and in my view gold is a pretty good achievement solely on my own at that age. I would also like it if it avoids getting my carry on checked at the gate which has happened to me a couple of times before.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Jzlerner
Hello people
Slightly off topic but are they still sending out physical status cards automatically? If not what status level do you have to be to request one? Seeing lots of conflicting info online. I just qualified for bronze, will be silver by beggining of July and gold by end of August. And before anyone says anything, yes I would love a good tag for ego reasons; I'm 19 and in my view gold is a pretty good achievement solely on my own at that age. I would also like it if it avoids getting my carry on checked at the gate which has happened to me a couple of times before.
You can order tags and cards when you're gold, you can do it online or you can call if the online method doesn't work. You should get sent a welcome pack when you reach gold although there are some reports that this isn't happening.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Originally Posted by firstlight
You can order tags and cards when you're gold, you can do it online or you can call if the online method doesn't work. You should get sent a welcome pack when you reach gold although there are some reports that this isn't happening.
I reached Gold a couple of weeks ago and ordered the tags and card online on 23 May and they arrived on 30 May which seemed incredible given BA's current woes. Production and despatch are probably outsourced and this is one part of their IT they haven't managed to break yet. No sign of a welcome pack though, as @firstlight suggests.
Wembleygal and Spanish like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Glad I had a tag on my carry on last week. Entered through the First Wing, Identical bag already in the tray ahead of me, with identical lock on it as well. My only unique thing was the gold card. I had sure to wait a couple of trays before sending mine through, but without the tag it could have been confusing at the other side of the scanner. Other bag had no ID that I could see. It's the only time my carry on goes out of my sight, and the only time it could have been lost.
Spanish likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by allycat53
I reached Gold a couple of weeks ago and ordered the tags and card online on 23 May and they arrived on 30 May which seemed incredible given BA's current woes. Production and despatch are probably outsourced and this is one part of their IT they haven't managed to break yet. No sign of a welcome pack though, as @firstlight suggests.

In light of BAs current issues, our renewal pack arrived early as well, in fact a whole month early.

Earliest it's been since joining BAEC 13 years ago.

Though my partner's is nowhere to be seen yet .(same renewal date).

So was surprised, but I've never had a need for the tags really. The 2 golden tickets are normally handy as I forget to submit them online often.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
No welcome pack, but I ordered the bag tags + wallet card on 22 Aug. They arrived 3 Sept here in the USA via Air Mail International Priority. Was somewhat surprised they arrived without delay.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
To be honest I stuck my gold tag on because I was sick of crew/staff assuming I was in the wrong place, made passing into first wing a breeze too.

silver doesn’t really change anything when flying club so not so much of an issue but I no longer use a tag because BA never sent me Silver ones.
As I've got older I've started dressing down more and have kept the same backpack now in not 'as new' condition. I must admit a certain pleasure when in the Business Class queue and an official comes to remind me that I should be in the other queue as this is for Business Class passengers only.
T8191 and Mordac like this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 5:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I quite enjoy seeing the tags as its a fun game spotting the little GL in the corner. But if we're talking about people being Walts, check out these completely pointless baggage accessories here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.