Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World Middle 'Suite'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
I was thinking this just today re: upper deck window seats (particularly those with unfettered aisle access). Tons of space, storage, windows...

Connected from the Finnair A350 (similar model to the Club Suite) to the BA 747. Whilst the new herringbone style seats are private and quiet even when the cabin’s full and there’s no especially “bad” seats. there’s a lot to like about some of the outliers in NCW. 64K will be missed!
I’m sure you’re right as regards your future projections of nostalgia for the likes of 64K (along with a few other highly-favoured, sought-after 747 UD seats) .- even if the nostalgia might be short-lived.

And of course therein lies the whole issue surrounding the announcement of the new CW suite : 64K became an object of desire precisely because it provided what so many of today’s solo business (and some leisure) travellers are looking for : ie privacy, good storage, and direct aisle access. But when such seats represent only a tiny percentage of the total fleet capacity, it’s time to make the sort of changes that most carriers did years ago, and create a much more uniform product where 64K-like benefits are concerned, and within more modern, more fuel-efficient aircraft ; hence, the long-anticipated, much-praised, and very welcome Club Suite, in particular when combined with the A350
orbitmic and Oaxaca like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by subject2load
I’m sure you’re right as regards your future projections of nostalgia for the likes of 64K (along with a few other highly-favoured, sought-after 747 UD seats) .- even if the nostalgia might be short-lived.

And of course therein lies the whole issue surrounding the announcement of the new CW suite : 64K became an object of desire precisely because it provided what so many of today’s solo business (and some leisure) travellers are looking for : ie privacy, good storage, and direct aisle access. But when such seats represent only a tiny percentage of the total fleet capacity, it’s time to make the sort of changes that most carriers did years ago, and create a much more uniform product where 64K-like benefits are concerned, and within more modern, more fuel-efficient aircraft ; hence, the long-anticipated, much-praised, and very welcome Club Suite, in particular when combined with the A350
Exactly, 64A/K and 62A/K are very pleasant seats to have, but a big part of their appeal is also that they avoid many of the pitfalls normally associated with much current Club World seats (being quite exposed/non-private for aisle seats, having to step over someone to get to the aisle for other window seats, etc. When I first tried the new Club Suite, I was a bit disappointed (in the sense that the door is far less private than the QR Q Suite which I hoped to be the model) and because for some reason, crew on my flights seem to insist on leaving it open a lot which is annoying (and again, never the case with the Q Suite), but it is still a big improvement for most seats.

In other words, whilst 62A/K and 64A/K may be great seats, almost any new Club Suite sea is pretty much better than any other seat in the CW cabins with the possible exception of other "window bulkheads" (53A/K on the 388 UD, 3A/K on the 788, 7A/K on the 789 ,etc). Even that is debatable as the new Club Suites has a number of advantages (such as storage) that those other seats do not have!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ orbitmic - as well-received as the QR Q-suite has been ever since inception (and even though full rollout is not yet complete), my understanding is that it may not be too long tor this world. There is nothing substantiated, but there have been indications that a revised / updated product is already on the drawing-board, so to speak. I would imagine that with the gradual decline (in total available inventory) of F class seats, more & more emphasis will be placed on the quality and benefits of the J class offering.

Back to BA ...... do you think that the reluctance of CC to close the new suite door is perhaps something of a ‘hangover’ from their frequent reluctance to close the privacy divider screen in current / old CW ...... ?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by subject2load
@ orbitmic - as well-received as the QR Q-suite has been ever since inception (and even though full rollout is not yet complete), my understanding is that it may not be too long tor this world. There is nothing substantiated, but there have been indications that a revised / updated product is already on the drawing-board, so to speak. I would imagine that with the gradual decline (in total available inventory) of F class seats, more & more emphasis will be placed on the quality and benefits of the J class offering.

Back to BA ...... do you think that the reluctance of CC to close the new suite door is perhaps something of a ‘hangover’ from their frequent reluctance to close the privacy divider screen in current / old CW ...... ?
Interesting about the Q Suite, will listen to further developments with interest (only hoping it won't be an "enhancement"). I must say that I like the Q Suite a lot as it is already.

As for BA, let's say that for both, this is about not crew not wanting to have to open/close doors during service in particular (but some crews have also left mine open during turbulence. I find that annoying as the height is such that seat belt checks would be perfectly doable with doors closed (I sleep with my belt over the blanket and it is entirely visible). As for service, I don't think that it is the right prioritisation to push customers to spend the relatively lengthy period of the drinks and meal with their door open to make the crew's serving/disserving work a little easier.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by ratypus
Yep those middle seats are a very unique and helpful configuration for travelling with young kids - Club suite wont be the same but we should be out of the baby/toddler years by the time CS is regular on leisure routes.
We're actually coming back from LAX in Feb and have gone for that - rear of cabin so we get the bassinet, then one adult and the toddler will have the inside 'hobbit hole pair while another adult has the aisle seat right nearby. We'll tag team on the inside seat if the boys are playing up. If they're doing ok sleep wise then I'll take it and stay with them. First J in a while with the 3yo - I have a feeling now that the IFE will start to come into it's own.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
yep that's the perfect set-up - also means you can keep an eye on the toddler in the night, make sure they keep their belt on etc. (I had a slightly more tricky experience recently when we unexpectedly got moved into First and I had to keep the 3 year old in her seat over the aisle for turbulence...)

IFE will be a big hit; but do download some favourites on the ipad also since you cannot guarantee that the BA content will meet with your toddler's approval; with our 3 year old we also find download some audio of favourite songs/stories is a good idea for those taxi/take-off/landing phases where you cannot have the IFE screen out in Club World but you most need to keep them in the seat quietly (for up to an hour) - worked a treat for us on our most recent CW trip
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Oh don't worry - we're going to be travelling for a while on that trip so we'll have movies etc. but good advice nonetheless...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.