Wiki Posts
Search

Credit where it’s due...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Credit where it’s due...

Just wanted to say that we’ve just had an excellent service on BA408. Flying in CE, full cabin back to row 7 and some seemingly tricky characters on board.

The crew did everything with a smile, some particularly humorous comments and a constant stream of ‘I know, I’m sorry’ when queried about why there wasn’t a fish dish, why there weren’t more of the beef option, why someone who doesn’t eat meat wanted the chicken but not the hummus because they ‘can’t stand the sight of it’, and one or two ‘DYKWIA’ moments from the person in front of me bemoaning the lack of champagne on her last flight - I think I’d have drowned with the amount she put away today!!!

All too often we take to the boards to ..... and moan about poor service, so I’m taking this opportunity to thank the ladies on that flight today for their good humour and smooth service. 😊
Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Well said.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Please, please, tell their bosses at ba.com/welldone

My daughter is BA crew based at Gatwick and they really do get measured on feedback like this, so your comments will be fed back to the ladies and will be appreciated!

Nice to hear a good story here too though, thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zafiragirl
Please, please, tell their bosses at ba.com/welldone

My daughter is BA crew based at Gatwick and they really do get measured on feedback like this, so your comments will be fed back to the ladies and will be appreciated!

Nice to hear a good story here too though, thanks!

I have 😊
zafiragirl likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: QF WP
BA408 is LHR-VLC by the look
is there usually a choice of 3 on that route? Sounds like there was beef or chicken but people were disappointed by lack of fish as well?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by nunu73
I have 😊
It’s so refreshing when someone takes the time to praise staff for a good job.
There seem to be more ‘Harold Angryperson’ who will take to the t’internet to complain- I’m glad you had a good flight.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nancypants
BA408 is LHR-VLC by the look
is there usually a choice of 3 on that route? Sounds like there was beef or chicken but people were disappointed by lack of fish as well?
It was more a complaint of not enough of the cold beef option - only 3 onloaded and the ladies did explain that this was normal in a CE cabin of 24 seats. Some people are just never happy
The options were as below... I had the chicken - it was very pleasant

Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by nunu73
It was more a complaint of not enough of the cold beef option - only 3 onloaded and the ladies did explain that this was normal in a CE cabin of 24 seats. Some people are just never happy
FWIW, there's more substance in this than whiney moans : this menu on LHR-ARN earlier this week had only 2 of the beef salads loaded for a full A321 CE cabin of about 10 rows, and had run out before getting to a Gold in Row 3.

It's been noted several times in the CE catering thread that BA 'conveniently' undercaters the most expensive dish. I wouldn't necessarily say that crews who are having to constantly apologise, however smilingly, for failings higher up represents particularly stellar service.
nancypants and Magic01273 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FWIW, there's more substance in this than whiney moans : this menu on LHR-ARN earlier this week had only 2 of the beef salads loaded for a full A321 CE cabin of about 10 rows, and had run out before getting to a Gold in Row 3.

It's been noted several times in the CE catering thread that BA 'conveniently' undercaters the most expensive dish. I wouldn't necessarily say that crews who are having to constantly apologise, however smilingly, for failings higher up represents particularly stellar service.
I was toying with putting forward a "there's two sides to this tale" comment myself but decided not to. And then you did - so thanks!

Very pleased the OP had a nice time listening to these ladies apologise repeatedly and so warmly to numerous other passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.