Showering options at T5

Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Showering options at T5

I arrive Jan 1st from Boston. I have already been told by You First that the Cabanas are fully booked and we've been added to a waiting list, should they get any cancellations.

Are there any other options for getting a shower?

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Yes - there are showers in the main lounges. Are you connecting? If not, and you arrive early enough, there is also the arrivals lounge assuming you are in J/F or gold.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks, travelling in F on this one, have a layover before our connection to GLA
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
I'm guessing that on morning of Jan 1 LHR will be relatively quiet; but in general coming in from a US overnight I would recommend going to the T5 arrivals lounge for shower, because there are about 3x more showers than in the main departures lounge so you will not have to wait. In the departures area (CCR) then you will often need to wait for up to 30 minutes at busy times to get a shower slot.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, sounds like T5 arrivals is the place to head.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
Thanks, travelling in F on this one, have a layover before our connection to GLA
If you have a decent length layover before the GLA I'd go with the first/Gold lounge... There can be a bit of a wait for the showers next door but I've never had to wait more than 20 mins or so and they give you one of those buzzer things. Buffet and menu offer decent breakfast in the lounge itself.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
My preference is the Arrivals lounge if I am eligible, there are more showers so I have never had to wait, they have a pressing service, and the food options tend to be better than the galleries lounges.

The other place I have never had to wait for shower is the B Lounge so I tend to use it when I am not eligible for the arrivals lounge. I enjoy the walk back through the tunnel to A for my connecting flight.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
If arriving early into LHR with a long layover, you might as well use arrivals - Concorde breakfast room and a shower - then head to departures and the main CCR for lunch...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.