Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Will I get lucky with BA status drop not updating on AA

Old Nov 22, 19, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

I know this is a ‘how long is a piece of string’ question but I’m asking anyway.
I did not retain silver this year as I haven’t flown nearly enough (or at all).
I have an upcoming trip to NY with a side trip booked separately with AA LGA-ORD and back.
I was ‘technically’ silver when I booked as my card runs out on 30/11. What are the chances of my status at time of booking sticking due to the sabre/amadeus thing ?
More in hope than expectation - but would appreciate any experiences or knowledge in this area.
Thank you
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA
Not exactly the same thing, but I booked a ticket on AA when I was AA Gold. I flew 9 months later, when I had no AA status, but it still showed me as AA Gold on the boarding pass. So if AA cannot figure it out internally, perhaps you have a decent chance that your former BA status will show up. Good luck!
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Chance is pretty low I would say. OW systems seem to be pretty good at updating information (in both directions).
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
When I took a flight just after qualifying for sapphire it took about a week to update in AAs system from Ruby to sapphire. You might get lucky, bit but I'd say much more than a week probably unlikely. You wouldn't be the first tho. There have been reports of status holding
Old Nov 22, 19, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
when are the flights?
Old Nov 22, 19, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet View Post
when are the flights?
17th Dec returning the next day.
Just wondered what my chances were like as I really like the Flagship lounge at ORD.
Not really a biggie as LGA is/was a building site last time I passed through and there is a rather tired admirals lounge.
If the chances are low I will research some nice place to hang out at ORD.
Old Nov 22, 19, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all your replies- I won’t get my hopes up - just thought that as AA is sabre there might be a chance that this might stick,
Old Nov 22, 19, 7:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
over 2 weeks the systems should reflect the correct status. you might get lucky
Old Nov 22, 19, 7:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by missdimeaner View Post
Thank you for all your replies- I won’t get my hopes up - just thought that as AA is sabre there might be a chance that this might stick,
I think it will stick it did for me, admittedly this was 5 years ago when I went from Silver to Bronze and I noticed after I had checked in.
Old Nov 22, 19, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Seat assignments on AA will generally stick unless you or AA makes a change.

Other benefits such as luggage and lounge are very unlikely to stick.
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:29 am

I dropped through the tiers a couple of years ago, and booked some AA flights while silver. The seat reservations and extra luggage stuck for me by the time the flights came round.... The flights had both changed as well just a few weeks before.
Just another data point.
Old Nov 23, 19, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
50/50
I have heard from friends, that nothing changed, then have also heard that the GA saw the drop in status, few charged for luggage, but let the passenger keep the seat, and few just let it ride.
Best approach, be prepared to travel without the benefit.. if nothing changes.. be happy.
Old Nov 23, 19, 5:32 am
Original Poster

I have purchased a business class ticket which comes with luggage and seat selection, mainly for the TPs.
My downside to this demotion is no Flagship lounge access at ORD.
A very first world problem, I will report back.

Search this Thread