BA premium economy or Iberia Business?

Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

BA premium economy or Iberia Business?

I have miles to redeem either 47k with Iberia business booking with Iberia plus or 20k miles for premium economy with British airways due to their 50% promo going now on award tickets. Which would you pick? Iberia will give individual pod whereas BA is 2-2 config for premium economy. The BA flight is gonna be 747, and Iberia is A330.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flybie
I have miles to redeem either 47k with Iberia business booking with Iberia plus or 20k miles for premium economy with British airways due to their 50% promo going now on award tickets. Which would you pick? Iberia will give individual pod whereas BA is 2-2 config for premium economy. The BA flight is gonna be 747, and Iberia is A330.
Assuming you aren't short on miles, and flying IB business doesn't add a massive amount of extra travel time: business >> premium economy. Especially since the taxes & carrier-imposed scamcharges are likely lower on the IB itinerary.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

IB tax is about $125 and BA is $214. I am not short on miles but I dont mind saving some miles either lol.. thats why it makes it hard to decide. I wish IB has the 25% award discount promo like they used to.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

IB J has never disappointed me.
nivsy likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
IB J... no doubt.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Circusplaza
IB J... no doubt.
+1 ^
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Whilst 'F vs J' threads are fairly common on here, 'J vs WT+' is a much rarer beast - more so where the Avios saving is fairly small in the great scheme of things and there is a cash premium for the lesser class. This should speak volumes
gustavmahler and jmj9905 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Iberia in J every time. Not even a contest.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Depends on destination. East coast day flight I'd take the cheaper option, in fact I'd do this happily in Y. Night flight or longer haul I'd go for comfort. Ultimately this isn't a useful question to ask as there are a multitude of personal preferences, and knowing that doesn't help you a lot. What do you want to do and what would you settle for?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
WT+ always disappoints me
Any business class would be better
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by subject2load
This. Iberia J is a reasonably good hard product. The soft product is very variable but I'd definitely take it as a package over BA W any day.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Depends on destination. East coast day flight I'd take the cheaper option, in fact I'd do this happily in Y. Night flight or longer haul I'd go for comfort. Ultimately this isn't a useful question to ask as there are a multitude of personal preferences, and knowing that doesn't help you a lot. What do you want to do and what would you settle for?
Agreed.

Option 1 - daytime flight JFK-LHR in PE, arrive in late evening, stay up until 3-4 a.m. then sleep 5-6 hours. No jet lag...
Option 2 - overnight flight JFK/ORD/BOS-MAD. Leave late afternoon, arrive first thing, little to no sleep. Struggle to make it through the day and still suffer 2-3 days of jet lag...

YMMV of course, but J on a short overnight flight isn't always the right choice.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:23 am

Like-for-like times, IB in business ver WT+.

I even prefer IB Business over BA Club World!

And you get free seat selection on IB. (OP doesn't mention any status)
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by subject2load
You only needed to say the part I bolded. Heck I'd take BA J over Singapore/JL PE even.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
IB J, flew them tatl earlier and was suitably impressed. Food good, seat comfortable, crew good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.