Search

Concorde designation on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
Concorde designation on boarding pass

Hi,

Flew to Riyadh a few days ago and saw the Concorde designation on the boarding pass (first time I’ve seen this - pic attached). Normal Gold member. Has anyone else received this and what have been your experiences (ground and on-board)?

FWIW, I got a car from terminal to aircraft (we were going from the bus gates) and some very nice service on board, super personalised. BUT, a one-off sadly as coming back from RUH, it was all back to normal, although got another nice welcome (from the SFO). Let’s see what happens next week when I go again.

Maybe they are using some of us as guinea pigs for the new premium service! Don’t mind being tested on to be honest, if it’s like this...

Last edited by Killian_S; Nov 19, 2019 at 11:50 am Reason: New photo
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
you need to blank out the bar code as well!
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
You probably want to edit that image! The visible barcode has a lot of info about you, including for example, your name and BA number
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
Really appreciate the heads-up Bertie and UKtravel bear, many thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I seem to remember a thread recently about a new Concorde team, basically a rebranding of special services. From the sounds of your treatment this is what the Concorde on your boarding pass denotes.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by elwe
I seem to remember a thread recently about a new Concorde team, basically a rebranding of special services. From the sounds of your treatment this is what the Concorde on your boarding pass denotes.
This one - New BA 'Concorde Team' being rolled out across parts of the network
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
Interesting. Mine sometimes says GGL, sometimes it doesn't, but it's never made a difference to me experience wise. Will be keeping an eye out for this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Interesting. Mine sometimes says GGL, sometimes it doesn't, but it's never made a difference to me experience wise. Will be keeping an eye out for this.
It should say GGL for any departures from LHR T5 only. The reason is that when you walk through the First Wing the agent at the podium spots it and allows you 5 guests without questioning it as it's not always immediately obvious when they scan the BP
golfmad likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
It should say GGL for any departures from LHR T5 only. The reason is that when you walk through the First Wing the agent at the podium spots it and allows you 5 guests without questioning it as it's not always immediately obvious when they scan the BP
That's useful information, thanks. It would be quite useful if mobile boarding passes were to show this but I guess it's easy enough to open the app if needed.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Sometimes it doesn't have it though.

Plus the 5 guests is into any BA lounge. I've used that benefit in Tegel, for example.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Sometimes it doesn't have it though.

Plus the 5 guests is into any BA lounge. I've used that benefit in Tegel, for example.
Not quite ‘any’ BA lounge. As far as I am aware, the CCRs are excluded from the five rule.

Doc Copper
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Not quite ‘any’ BA lounge. As far as I am aware, the CCRs are excluded from the five rule.

Doc Copper
I think that is the only exclusion though and I think it's one guest only whether travelling First or with a CCR card isn't it?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mike P
I think that is the only exclusion though and I think it's one guest only whether travelling First or with a CCR card isn't it?
I seem to recall KARFA answered your question on another thread, which of course I am unable find! If my memory serves me well a CCR (or maybe a GGL) if travelling F it’s two guests, otherwise one.

Doc Copper
KARFA and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes so BA F gets to bring a guest on another BA flight in to the CCR.

A GGL in BA F can bring two guests on any BA flight in to the CCR - your CCR card is irrelevant in this scenario.
DoctorCopper likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes so BA F gets to bring a guest on another BA flight in to the CCR.

A GGL in BA F can bring two guests on any BA flight in to the CCR - your CCR card is irrelevant in this scenario.
Interesting, thank you KARFA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.