LHR overnight

Old Nov 19, 19, 10:48 am
Original Poster

LHR overnight

Hi,
I'll arrive LHR T5 at 20:00, leaving the following morning at 8:30.
1. I assume I won't be able to stay airside for a while and visit any lounge, will I?
2. Any recommendations for a hotel for the night? The Sofitel is obviously the most convenient, but it's GBP190. Hotels on Bath Road are about half the price; but is it worth the hassle? And whats the best way to get there (go airside to T3/T2?)
Thanks a lot for your thoughts,

Shuly
Old Nov 19, 19, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Silver HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Have a look at this: https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/1...ow-terminal-3/
Old Nov 19, 19, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
No you won’t be allowed to stay airside over night.

there are multiple threads about lhR hotels on both the BA and U.K. destination boards somhave a scan through. T

Theare several newer hotels at LHR arguably much better then the Sofitel and cheaper too.
Old Nov 19, 19, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
1. No, airside is closed overnight, you must leave.

2. The 423 bus runs from T5 along the Bath Road and is free to most stops along the central part. For a quick overnight I tend to go for the Ibis Styles on the Bath Road, assuming the price is sensible, the bus stops are right outside for both directions. Other options include going to the central area for the new Hilton options attached to T2, or taking the tube to Hatton Cross and walking to the Hilton Garden Inn.
BearX220 and mikem004 like this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to stay airside for the night; just for a while. I suspect that won't be possible though, will it?

Shuly
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shuly View Post
Just to clarify, I didn't mean to stay airside for the night; just for a while. I suspect that won't be possible though, will it?

Shuly
I'm guessing not as your boarding pass will be for the next day.

Have a look at the Travelodge or Premier Inn options. The Terminal 4 Premier Inn is my go-to Heathrow hotel.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:27 am

I would not be able to comment but as a gold member, you have to leave as the airport closes and also the boarding pass for the 2nd flight will be the next day so you will not be able to transfer. Sorry about that.

Please note: I am a Gold member, generally I will not get the same experiences as non-gold (Silver, Bronze or even Blue) so please bear with me.
Thomathy likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
Originally Posted by port21 View Post
I would not be able to comment but as a gold member, you have to leave as the airport closes and also the boarding pass for the 2nd flight will be the next day so you will not be able to transfer. Sorry about that.

Please note: I am a Gold member, generally I will not get the same experiences as non-gold (Silver, Bronze or even Blue) so please bear with me.
Status makes no difference. No passenger is allowed to remain airside over night.

(Comments like this aren't helpful. It's good you got gold but there is no need to mention it in every post you make)
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Free bus to T4 and the new Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn Express which is attached to the terminal can be very good value.
Old Nov 19, 19, 12:57 pm

The Thistle via the pods is the choice for you.
Old Nov 19, 19, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver; Marriott - Platinum Elite
Do you collect points with a certain hotel chain? That’s the one I’d choose.
Old Nov 19, 19, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
As others have said you will need to leave the Terminal unless you fancy sitting / lying around on plastic chairs in the check in areas. I recommend plenty of the Heathrow hotels with free buses to most. The Hilton T5 is nice but a bit further out, there’s a newish Hilton Garden Inn, Crown Plaza or Atrium Hotels. Hilton T4 is also nice.

If you prefer convenience but at a cost then grab an uber to Hilton T5. Use the Tube to get to T4 T3/T/2 from T5.

Overall I recommend getting your head down somewhere comfortable if you find what you perceive as good value.
Old Nov 19, 19, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, MB Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
Or redeem some hotel points if it works out better.
Old Nov 19, 19, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Originally Posted by shuly View Post
Hi,
I'll arrive LHR T5 at 20:00, leaving the following morning at 8:30.
1. I assume I won't be able to stay airside for a while and visit any lounge, will I?
2. Any recommendations for a hotel for the night? The Sofitel is obviously the most convenient, but it's GBP190. Hotels on Bath Road are about half the price; but is it worth the hassle? And whats the best way to get there (go airside to T3/T2?)
Thanks a lot for your thoughts,

Shuly
If arriving and departing from T5 then Sofitel is most convenient but expensive. POD transit to Thistle adds £10pp to the room cost which has been £40 a night recently. Bus 423 (Bus station stand 6) gets you to the Thistle for free and the Premier Inn T5 is opposite but has been around £60 a night. So Thistle can be the cheapest T5 hotel with least aggravation in terms of lifts and escalators and the choice between the speed of the POD transit and cheaper buses every 20mins or so depending upon the time of day.
Old Nov 19, 19, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The Sofitel can be had for significantly less, see the last few pages of this thread Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Search this Thread