Search

Can I change my Avios upgraded ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Can I change my Avios upgraded ticket?

Hi all

I have purchased a WTP ticket (economy on short haul) and used Avios to upgrade the short and longhaul sector to business. Short haul is BA and AA for the longhaul.

Can I change the ticket to fly earlier? Or is this already too much of a mess?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Hi all

I have purchased a WTP ticket (economy on short haul) and used Avios to upgrade the short and longhaul sector to business. Short haul is BA and AA for the longhaul.

Can I change the ticket to fly earlier? Or is this already too much of a mess?
You can change it but that would likely subject to the fare change fee and fare difference. You wouldn’t have free same day change on this kind of booking.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

As you successfully managed to upgrade an AA flight, I assume your underlying ticket was in W class (fully flex premium economy). As the general principle goes, changes and any associated fees attached follow the original fare rules. The upgraded component will transfer to the new flight providing award space exists and the change is made more than 24 hours ahead of departure. If you proceed with the date change and it just happens that no reward availability exists, you will refunded the Avios spent upgrading each applicable sector.
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.