Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring in Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
You should use the CX lounge - its rather good.

Doc Copper
I naturally found my way to the Cathay lounge, being a T3 fan back at Heathrow and from what I saw it’s much nicer than the 77 one (the unfinished mouldy ceiling in the shower is a highlight). However Cathay closes at 9pm and they said I wouldn’t be able to enter the 77 one later if I’d already used Cathay. So I didn’t bother arguing and I headed to 77, where I think the staff member must have been new, and she told me I had to go to Cathay, so I went back and explained the situation, they stuck by their 9pm cut off line, made a phone call and sent me back to 77 and I was let in. An hour later, I was minding my own business and the BA Shanghai manager came with the girl who’d given me wrong directions and they both apologised profusely, to which I said it was fine. Not a very first class experience so far from BA though!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Joshm300
I naturally found my way to the Cathay lounge, being a T3 fan back at Heathrow and from what I saw it’s much nicer than the 77 one (the unfinished mouldy ceiling in the shower is a highlight). However Cathay closes at 9pm and they said I wouldn’t be able to enter the 77 one later if I’d already used Cathay. So I didn’t bother arguing and I headed to 77, where I think the staff member must have been new, and she told me I had to go to Cathay, so I went back and explained the situation, they stuck by their 9pm cut off line, made a phone call and sent me back to 77 and I was let in. An hour later, I was minding my own business and the BA Shanghai manager came with the girl who’d given me wrong directions and they both apologised profusely, to which I said it was fine. Not a very first class experience so far from BA though!
Well, at least oscillating between the two lounges occupied some of your waiting time!

Doc Copper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.