FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Confusion over when my status becomes valid? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1995509-confusion-over-when-my-status-becomes-valid.html)

ms101 Nov 14, 19 6:04 pm

Confusion over when my status becomes valid?
 
Hi all,

my parents are gunning for BAEC Gold from blue. Theyíve racked up plenty of tier points, and finally got the 2 flight requirement done (itís listed in their account as Bronze membership achieved) but their online membership card and account still states that they are Blue level. Itís important they get Bronze because theyíll be wanting to get a free check in bag with Finnair tomorrow. When is Bronze status considered valid? In the ďprogress to next tierĒ section itís listed as Bronze achieved but like I said, the card hasnít changed colour.

thanks all

UKtravelbear Nov 14, 19 6:09 pm

it takes a couple of days after the flights that get you bronze post for they system to fully update

Try refreshing their accounts in the app / website as that sometimes works

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...iers-baec.html

But I'm puzzled you think that Bronze (one world ruby) gets a free bag on Finnair as it's not mentioned on their website

https://www.finnair.com/gb/gb/inform...hecked-baggage

ms101 Nov 14, 19 6:29 pm


Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31738173)
it takes a couple of days after the flights that get you bronze post for they system to fully update

Try refreshing their accounts in the app / website as that sometimes works

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...iers-baec.html

But I'm puzzled you think that Bronze (one world ruby) gets a free bag on Finnair as it's not mentioned on their website

https://www.finnair.com/gb/gb/inform...hecked-baggage

Damn. Itís been two days. Fingers crossed that Finnair would be okay with it, otherwise thatís a £40 charge yikes.

I used the checked baggage allowance calculator and also the page for Finnair silver (?) the oneworld ruby equivalent anyway.

MSPeconomist Nov 14, 19 6:32 pm


Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 31738229)
Damn. Itís been two days. Fingers crossed that Finnair would be okay with it, otherwise thatís a £40 charge yikes.

I used the checked baggage allowance calculator and also the page for Finnair silver (?) the oneworld ruby equivalent anyway.

Often airlines give perks to their own FFers but not to the equivalent level of alliance elites unless the alliance requires it.

UKtravelbear Nov 14, 19 6:43 pm

One world ruby status does not mention any free or extra baggage allowance.

It would be wrong to assume that you get the same benefits as a Finnair status passenger because their status is equivalent to a one world status that you have.

As to becoming bronze it's been two days since the flights or two days since the flights have posted? If the latter then refresh their accounts in the app. Finnair won't give any benefits unless they see proof such as the app showing a bronze card

ms101 Nov 14, 19 6:51 pm


Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31738257)
One world ruby status does not mention any free or extra baggage allowance.

It would be wrong to assume that you get the same benefits as a Finnair status passenger because their status is equivalent to a one world status that you have.

As to becoming bronze it's been two days since the flights or two days since the flights have posted? If the latter then refresh their accounts in the app. Finnair won't give any benefits unless they see proof such as the app showing a bronze card

apologies then, the baggage calculator doesnít give me the option for choosing a oneworld tier.

its the latter. Hopefully by tomorrow itíll sort itself out. Would still be nice to have business class check in perks.

ms101 Nov 14, 19 6:53 pm

Thank you to the rest for the advice! Shelling out £40 isnít too bad in the grand scheme of things. Just annoying that BA switched us to this flight and I canít prepay for baggage which would have cost less.

Jed Nov 15, 19 12:55 am

Finnair silver (their own Ruby tier) gets a free checked bag on Finnair light fares, but other Oneworld Ruby (eg BA bronze) does not unfortunately.
Any Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald gets the free bag.

teemuflyer Nov 15, 19 4:14 am


Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 31738163)
Hi all,

my parents are gunning for BAEC Gold from blue. Theyíve racked up plenty of tier points, and finally got the 2 flight requirement done (itís listed in their account as Bronze membership achieved) but their online membership card and account still states that they are Blue level. Itís important they get Bronze because theyíll be wanting to get a free check in bag with Finnair tomorrow. When is Bronze status considered valid? In the ďprogress to next tierĒ section itís listed as Bronze achieved but like I said, the card hasnít changed colour.

thanks all


Originally Posted by Jed (Post 31738930)
Finnair silver (their own Ruby tier) gets a free checked bag on Finnair light fares, but other Oneworld Ruby (eg BA bronze) does not unfortunately.
Any Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald gets the free bag.

Are they flying on a Finnair "Economy Light" Fare (which would make much sense in TP earnings)? If not, they will get a free checked bag flying a regular economy ticket without being recognized as bronze/OWR.

BlooJoo Nov 15, 19 5:52 am


Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 31738163)
Hi all,

my parents are gunning for BAEC Gold from blue. Theyíve racked up plenty of tier points, and finally got the 2 flight requirement done (itís listed in their account as Bronze membership achieved) but their online membership card and account still states that they are Blue level. Itís important they get Bronze because theyíll be wanting to get a free check in bag with Finnair tomorrow. When is Bronze status considered valid? In the ďprogress to next tierĒ section itís listed as Bronze achieved but like I said, the card hasnít changed colour.

thanks all

Isn't it four flight requirements on BA/IB metal?

nancypants Nov 15, 19 5:53 am


Originally Posted by BlooJoo (Post 31739385)
Isn't it four flight requirements on BA/IB metal?

bronze is only two but theyíll need a few more to get to gold

onobond Nov 15, 19 7:14 am


Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 31738272)
Thank you to the rest for the advice! Shelling out £40 isnít too bad in the grand scheme of things. Just annoying that BA switched us to this flight and I canít prepay for baggage which would have cost less.

Since nothing mentioned about the flight route, let me just hope the BA->AY switch is on the LHR-HEL trade. Chances are high you will fly on a LH aircraft, as 2-3 of AY's daily flights are A330 or A350. Should thst be the case, you scored a win, regardless of your luggage obstacles


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:01 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.