Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite

The Qantas First lounge formally opens on 2 December. I had a sneak peek yesterday and it is very impressive. It’s by the D gates so really easy for BA12, or if you’re arriving on BA11 and transitting onto BA15 for Sydney. Frankly though, it’s worth the walk even if you’re leaving from a C gate.

Last edited by HFHFFlyer; Nov 14, 2019 at 3:18 pm
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
The Qantas First lounge formally opens on 2 December. I had a sneak peek yesterday and it is very impressive. It’s by the D gates so really easy for BA12, or if you’re arriving on BA11 and transitting onto BA15 for Sydney. Frankly though, it’s worth the walk even if you’re leaving from a C gate.
Thanks for sharing this great news!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
That’s great to hear! Any thoughts on how it stacks up relative to the First Bar in the BA lounge. Not the the bar is anything to rave about but I find it a big step up compared to the regular lounge.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If it's anything like the first lounge in Sydney then it is totally and utterly incomparable to the dungeon. A different world.
orbitmic and HFHFFlyer like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
If it's anything like the first lounge in Sydney then it is totally and utterly incomparable to the dungeon. A different world.
I suspect that the dungeon is about to become redundant.

Maybe CCR card holders will now finally be allowed in!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I usually use the lounge to get some work done, so if more people go to the QF F lounge in preference to the CCB, I wouldn't mind that. That'll be my gain.

Saying all that, I shall certainly be poking my head in to have a look at the new F lounge. If it's really quiet, I might even spend time there in the future.

(SYD/MEL QF F lounges are nice, but the novelty had long worn off, except for the hairy pav. Now, if the SIN F lounge is serving the hairy pav, then I'll be there!)
Tobias-UK and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Pictures. Or you weren’t there!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Pictures. Or you weren’t there!
sadly I didn’t take any. I shouldn’t have really been there at all and I didn’t want to get anyone into trouble....
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
(SYD/MEL QF F lounges are nice, but the novelty had long worn off, except for the hairy pav. Now, if the SIN F lounge is serving the hairy pav, then I'll be there!)
forgive me, what in the name of all that is sacred is a “hairy pav”?!
JamieABZ and fluffymitten like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by nancypants
forgive me, what in the name of all that is sacred is a “hairy pav”?!
It’s a pavlova that’s served broken up in a glass with Persian fairy floss on top, sort of like troll hair. It’s very good, the fresh fruit changes seasonally so it doesn’t get stale, and has been a staple on the menu since the current F lounges opened.

here’s a pic I found from a google search:
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
It’s a pavlova that’s served broken up in a glass with Persian fairy floss on top, sort of like troll hair. It’s very good, the fresh fruit changes seasonally so it doesn’t get stale, and has been a staple on the menu since the current F lounges opened.

here’s a pic I found from a google search:
That looks another good reason to use the new QF lounge to me.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Gold
Is that a pavlova pretending to be Boris Johnson?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Mike P
That looks another good reason to use the new QF lounge to me.
this is the problem with never flying out of Sydney or Melbourne internationally!!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It’s a pavlova that’s served broken up in a glass with Persian fairy floss on top, sort of like troll hair. It’s very good, the fresh fruit changes seasonally so it doesn’t get stale, and has been a staple on the menu since the current F lounges opened...
I always find it amusing when a first-timer orders the Pavlova - they stare at it for what seems like minutes trying to decide what to do with the 'fur'. They sheepishly look around to see what others are doing with it!
justin_krusty and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
That is indeed the offending object, affectionately known as 'hairy pav', although it looks a bit tamer than usual. I don't know if it's staff members playing with me but mine often looks like it's having a serious accident with a hair dryer (don't try calling it hairy pav at SIN F lounge if they are serving it for a while - serving staff might not realise what it is for a while yet! But I've never even had them blink at my calling it at MEL/SYD F lounges).

It's one real signature pudding that they ALWAYS have, no matter how much downgrading they have done to other dishes (they used to have lovely sashimi-like things but I've not seen it for a while), and I am extremely fond of them.

Even if I am not slightest bit hungry, I always have it... Sad, I know! But it's my entertainment...

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I always find it amusing when a first-timer orders the Pavlova - they stare at it for what seems like minutes trying to decide what to do with the 'fur'. They sheepishly look around to see what others are doing with it!
I still do it after what must be hundreds of times. Basically my attempt to find a new daft way of consuming it

The first timers often look a bit shocked at the hair, which is rather amusing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.