Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:03 am

For OWEs flying MH (with regular flights to KUL) - if you can be so bothered - you can check in at T2, then take skytrain to T1, use the lounge, then go back to T2 to board.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Lounge is pretty nice, and food is good, but the service is abysmal (friendly but clueless). 1/3 of the things I ordered never arrived, and I was offered at least 5 things I didnt order at all. Even after the lounge emptied out around 19:30, a cocktail is taking 20 minutes and counting to arrive. Needs work!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Maybe they were all sent to London for training in the Concorde Room......
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Should be available for all Oneworld J/F passengers, but opening hours will probably be restricted to around QR departure times.
Do you mean QF departure times?

Opening hours appear to be 14:30-23:00. I have just been in there as a QR J passenger OWE.

Agree with other comments about the poor service, the whole operation seems a bit haphazard at the moment - I put it down to lack of practice/experience, which may be understandable, since they are only on their fourth day of operation.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
Do you mean QF departure times?

Opening hours appear to be 14:30-23:00. I have just been in there as a QR J passenger OWE.

Agree with other comments about the poor service, the whole operation seems a bit haphazard at the moment - I put it down to lack of practice/experience, which may be understandable, since they are only on their fourth day of operation.
No, I mean QR departure times. Slightly tangential discussion about the pending QR lounge in SIN which is also opening shortly if you read the context above.

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
That doesn't fit in with any of their other lounges, so would be pleasantly surprised if so
There is a common misconception that QR don't admit other OW flyers to their lounges. Any J/F boarding pass for a OW flight (but not any OW status) will gain you access to QR's lounges, it's just that most of them are located in terminals with very few (normally just 1 or 2 max) other OW airlines.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Would you settle for hairy sashimi?
Definitely no! I cannot understand why the salt and pepper squid made the cut but not the hairy pav. Now that BA The Bar has asparagus heads that I like, other than poking my head in out of curiosity, most likely I'll still be at The Bar.

It's amazing what a simple glass of hairy pav can do... (or sashimi for that matter).
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
Interesting to hear many comments about poor service. Is the F lounge staffed by the same Accor staff of the J lounge?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

There is a common misconception that QR don't admit other OW flyers to their lounges. Any J/F boarding pass for a OW flight (but not any OW status) will gain you access to QR's lounges, it's just that most of them are located in terminals with very few (normally just 1 or 2 max) other OW airlines.
Well - you learn something every day. Consider me educated
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Definitely no! I cannot understand why the salt and pepper squid made the cut but not the hairy pav. Now that BA The Bar has asparagus heads that I like, other than poking my head in out of curiosity, most likely I'll still be at The Bar.

It's amazing what a simple glass of hairy pav can do... (or sashimi for that matter).
Big fan of the asparagus but seriously missing the prawn in chili crab sauce that dropped off this rotation
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by tr2286
Big fan of the asparagus but seriously missing the prawn in chili crab sauce that dropped off this rotation
Has the menu changed since a couple of days ago?
It was still there then.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
I suspect the QR one will just be for QR pax
That applies only in Doha, where there are 'alternative lounges' for Oneworld status flyers not in J or F. QR's outstation lounges are open to business class and first class passengers on any Oneworld partner airline.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:25 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by djsflynn
That applies only in Doha, where there are 'alternative lounges' for Oneworld status flyers not in J or F. QR's outstation lounges are open to business class and first class passengers on any Oneworld partner airline.
I thought the QR Doha lounge rules are the same as in the QR outports. If you are actually seated in J or F on a one world airline, theyll let you in.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
For OWEs flying MH (with regular flights to KUL) - if you can be so bothered - you can check in at T2, then take skytrain to T1, use the lounge, then go back to T2 to board.
Can this applicable to OWEs flying on CX (with around 6-7 daily flights to HKG) to detour from T4?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by derek2010
Can this applicable to OWEs flying on CX (with around 6-7 daily flights to HKG) to detour from T4?
You won't be allowed in T4 with a BP for T3 (or T2 or T5 for that matter)
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Impressive place. One of the best lounges I have ever been to, possibly top 3.

The good

- The space is amazing, fixtures, design, overall quality of build - it's a very pleasant space where to spend a few hours;
- The service is outstanding, the best I ever had in a lounge. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact it's a soft opening and they are stress testing. I saw a lot of senior Accor and Qantas staff in "plain clothes" roaming around, talking to customers and staff but anyways, waiters proactively coming to your sofa offering refills, attentive service (showing wine label and waiting for customer acceptance before pouring) etc.
- I asked to see the showers, they have an amazing LED ceiling lamp emulating a Velux. It's like showering with natural light coming through the ceiling;
- The food was great. I had a sandwich and an entree of the quality you would expect from a five star hotel lounge (I underline lounge, not restaurant)

The bad

- The office area is not very functional as all sockets are covered by a metal flap, I guess if you have a Mac or a large adapter you might struggle
- At 6pm it was completely full. Packed.
- They only serve NV, mass market champ

Overall an amazing place and a massive improvement from the J offering. Also much better than the LHR lounge, although it's very similar in design the food offering and attention to detail is levels above.
Prospero likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.