Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Paid J - Can I upgrade with AVIOS and credit to a partner FFP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlt, UA Gold, HH Diamond

I'm on a paid Club World ticket and want to credit the trip to a oneworld partner program. If I transfer CC points into my Avios account to upgrade, can I still accrue the mileage for the paid portion of the ticket to the partner or do I have to switch it to Avios?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 777Pax
I'm on a paid Club World ticket and want to credit the trip to a oneworld partner program. If I transfer CC points into my Avios account to upgrade, can I still accrue the mileage for the paid portion of the ticket to the partner or do I have to switch it to Avios?
Yes you can, but be careful. When you upgrade it will go into a reward bucket fare class that the partner airline system may recognize as a reward ticket and thus not accrue any mileage at all. It could be complex to get them to credit it properly. Not impossible, just complex. Others I'm sure can advise better
orbitmic and 777Pax like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
Yes you can.
Add your OW Card to the Booking First.
Then select Upgrade using Avios and log in to your Exec Account.

And when you check-in at the Airport, ask the Check-in Staff to ensure that your OW Card is set for Accrual.
777Pax likes this.

Last edited by Getafix; Nov 14, 2019 at 1:50 pm Reason: Spelling correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.