Wiki Posts
Search

White Company BA Xmas event

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
White Company BA Xmas event

I received what seemed like a personal invite to a white company Xmas event 4th Dec 6-8pm at the Chelsea Branch of White company.

Should I feel blessed or is this just a cynical marketing ploy to get me to visit the store in London and spend some £? Anyone else get an invite?

thanks
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:18 pm

If you have to ask, you already know the answer...
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It is a nice venue for an event, I have been to one there before (not BA). And you can stock up on £75 candles at the same time.

If you have kids, I think it has the biggest Little White Company department anywhere.

Don't drink too much as the shop is on a slope and has a lot of hidden steps inside :-)
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Raffles
And you can stock up on £75 candles at the same time.
Excellent, I need four
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:51 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Prospero
Excellent, I need four
You should get the Winter Indulgence Botanical Candle. Only £85.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
(To the OP) I happened to mention this post to my wife, who works at the White Company.

She said that people have been ringing up begging to get invites to this event, so you must be 'special'.

It is obviously them just wanting you to spend lots of money though
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
You’d get a little sample/thank you bag at least surely? Probably worth it if it’s an otherwise quiet evening and isn’t too far out of your way.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I have been to one of these previously. Nice evening, fizz and nibbles, a few interesting BA people and I think there was a discount on products bought that evening, but it's definitely a ploy to get you to part with your hard-earned! As it was literally right on my way home it made for a nice diversion rather than jostling with the crowds at Marylebone station
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Prospero
Excellent, I need four
Do they sell handles for forks?
HighwayToHEL, AJA_, HIDDY and 16 others like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
You should get the Winter Indulgence Botanical Candle. Only £85.
Or £3.50 in Aldi / Lidl who have imitated most major scents.
HardToConcentrate likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Adstring
How about 'Eau de GC North on a busy Monday morning during French ATC strike week' ??????
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I have been to one of these previously. Nice evening, fizz and nibbles, a few interesting BA people and I think there was a discount on products bought that evening, but it's definitely a ploy to get you to part with your hard-earned! As it was literally right on my way home it made for a nice diversion rather than jostling with the crowds at Marylebone station
So not Alex then?
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:08 pm

My best friend who lives in Liverpool, swears by Aldi’s Jo Malone dupes. She worked for Estée Lauder for years, and has quite a few Jo Malone candles and body products. She says they smell identical.

Now if only they would make dupes for Jo Malone’s Vitamin E line.. She would send me the body balm and lip balm when she was still with Lauder, and could get it for less. Now I buy it once or twice a year as a treat!

Last edited by HardToConcentrate; Nov 14, 2019 at 2:13 pm
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Boke, as my Irish aunt wouldn’t say. I like Aldi / Lidl for the basics, but you do not get a good scent for £3.50.

Originally Posted by HardToConcentrate
My best friend who lives in Liverpool, swears by Aldi’s Jo Malone dupes. She worked for Estée Lauder for years, and has quite a few Jo Malone candles and body products. She says they smell identical.

Now if only they would make dupes for Jo Malone’s Vitamin E line.. She would send me the body balm and lip balm when she was still with Lauder, and could get it for less. Now I buy it once or twice a year as a treat!
Sorry to your friend, but she clearly has a rubbish nose. If the ‘Jo Malone’ line is the one I’m thinking about, it’s pleasant but in no way comparable to a real product. It’s what one uses to furnish a cheap AirBnB. ThisWorks have the best ‘cheap’ candles I’ve found. Great fragrance, the burn is good and very well priced.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
No invitation to a White Christmas so far, but I don't expect to cry myself to sleep over that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.