Cancelling reward flights

Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Pleb
Cancelling reward flights

I had about three reward flights booked on Qatar with Avios recently. They were spaced a few days apart.

For different reasons each time, I ended up having to cancel all three. I've certainly cancelled such rewards in the past, but more like once 9-12 months if I really messed up on dates and planning.

Which brought me to wonder if there are any arcane Ts&Cs connected with booking and cancelling too many reward flights in a short space of time, and/or on partners, anything like this?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
No, just like other flexible/semi flex tickets allowing cancellation do not come with a priori restrictions.

That said if behaviour was extreme, eg you booked tickets everyday to always cancel them, ba could potentially consider this was not in the spirit of the rules. The rules on discontinuing a person’s membership of baec are phrased in rather generic terms to allow for varying situations that may not have been fully anticipated.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
As orbitmc says, if you can reasonably explain your behaviour then it's fine. Providing your primary motive isn't because you're trying to game the system, or to give yourself a significant advantage at the expense of other BAEC customers. So common sense really.
xerosum likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.