Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Orleans Lounge??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:44 am
Original Poster

New Orleans Lounge??

I had a look around and can’t find any up to date info but apologies if I missed it.

I’m flying to/from MSY in Jan and am wondering will BA have a lounge agreement in place by then? If so, any ideas what lounge or has anyone been in / seen a review for?

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a discussion about this at the end of the North America Lounge thread, available in the BA Forum Dashboard. Suffice to say that by January it may be available if the new building is ready, so take your camera, you may be the first one in and you will then need to share your impressions with us! Otherwise it's a voucher. See also:

BA to New Orleans [service starts Summer 2017]

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 13, 2019 at 5:40 am
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:33 am

As far as I'm aware (and was the case for me last year) you won't have access to a lounge in MSY.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

This article shows the new MSY Terminal now open. Not much mention of Lounges other than a reference to a Delta one.

https://www.nola.com/news/traffic/ar...3bf6a95ee.html
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:56 am

Three lounges will be available at MSY.

The Delta SkyClub is located adjacent to the entrance to Concourse C.

The United Lounge will be located on Concourse C between Gate C4 and C6. The lounge is scheduled to be completed in early 2020.

The Club MSY will be located adjacent to the entrance to Concourse A. This lounge is available to all passengers regardless of airline. The lounge is scheduled to open on January 15, 2020.

Via their website https://flymsy.com/amenities/

I'd guess The Club would be what BA will try to use.....whether or not they will have an arrangement in place when you fly is another question.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Otherwise it's a voucher.
As of yesterday, an enquiry at the AA premium checkin desks at the new MSY about AA/BA/OW lounge facilities was greeted with a rather brusque “no”, and no offer of vouchers or alternatives.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
As of yesterday, an enquiry at the AA premium checkin desks at the new MSY about AA/BA/OW lounge facilities was greeted with a rather brusque “no”, and no offer of vouchers or alternatives.
Yes, for what I presume is an AA flight that would be correct. BA do their own handling at MSY rather than pitch in with AA (unless that has changed with the new building).
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Yes, for what I presume is an AA flight that would be correct. BA do their own handling at MSY rather than pitch in with AA (unless that has changed with the new building).
Yep, BA flight number, operated by AA.

Incidentally, for anyone heading for the new MSY and arriving on the car rental shuttle at the ground level : the signage is dreadful and it’s not apparent that you need to go up, and up again, to the top level. There are no signs at all to “Check In”, just one pointing up the escalators to “Ticketing”.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I got the impression BA does its own handling - BA and AA's check-in zones are at opposite ends of the terminal and couldn't possibly be further apart.

I was informed on Monday, the Club at MSY will be BA's lounge but its not due to open until after the new year. In the meantime, BA passengers normally eligible to visit the lounge are provided with a voucher to the value of $28. The voucher is collected at the check-in desk, so if you're HBO (as I was), and checked in via the app (as I did), you may need to queue up in order to receive it (yes, I did that too )
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
The voucher is collected at the check-in desk, so if you're HBO (as I was), and checked in via the app (as I did), you may need to queue up in order to receive it (yes, I did that too )
The voucher is a FLY production so the departure gate can also do them, and I think that is how I got it in the old airport.
Prospero likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
BA passengers normally eligible to visit the lounge are provided with a voucher to the value of $28
Unless it's changed with the new terminal opening, the voucher is for $19 (which just about gets you a bottle of water at MSY prices!)

I had to argue with the check in person to get it last time, he was adamant a Silver was not entitled to it, and I was adamant I was (as I travel through MSY monthly). In the end, a colleague intervened and pointed out his error, to which he immediately back tracked and said he hadn't realised I was Silver (downright lie as I'd pointed it out to him 3 times, but nevermind)

The arrivals process in the new terminal is equally as bad, if not worse than the old terminal. I can't believe they haven't improved it. You now need to collect your baggage before going through passport control too
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by wcel
Unless it's changed with the new terminal opening, the voucher is for $19 (which just about gets you a bottle of water at MSY prices!)
$19 for Silvers, $28 for Golds, in line with other places like this, such as Charleston before their lounge opened.
wcel likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
The food selection was also very poor when I was last there, plus most of the better-sounding things had sold out. So whether you have a voucher or not, you may not have access to very good grub at all. The new building may help to have rectify this, here's hoping.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
The food selection was also very poor when I was last there, plus most of the better-sounding things had sold out. So whether you have a voucher or not, you may not have access to very good grub at all. The new building may help to have rectify this, here's hoping.
The variety of F&B is massively, massively better now. The issue I found with the voucher is the inability to cherry pick one item from here and another from there since the voucher is good for one transaction only.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Fingers crossed for lounge access. My parents are going away for a milestone birthday trip in March 2020, returning from MSY and splashing out on J for their first time so I really do hope they get something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.