Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Orleans Lounge??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Fingers crossed for lounge access. My parents are going away for a milestone birthday trip in March 2020, returning from MSY and splashing out on J for their first time so I really do hope they get something.
It's a 787, so it's a pretty solid product.

As much stick as CW gets, I think the actual seat itself is typically more comfortable than many competing airlines - I even preferred it to ANA's 'The Room', which has the hardest and most uncomfortable J seat I've ever flown.

A lounge on the return isn't the end all of what they'll get, so I think they'll be happy for a first-time experience. If they get good, attentive staff anyway.

Alternative is MSY-DFW connection for the 777 in a four-class arrangement (possible for F upgrade?) and lounge access.
gingerlucy likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
It's a 787, so it's a pretty solid product.

As much stick as CW gets, I think the actual seat itself is typically more comfortable than many competing airlines - I even preferred it to ANA's 'The Room', which has the hardest and most uncomfortable J seat I've ever flown.

A lounge on the return isn't the end all of what they'll get, so I think they'll be happy for a first-time experience. If they get good, attentive staff anyway.

Alternative is MSY-DFW connection for the 777 in a four-class arrangement (possible for F upgrade?) and lounge access.
Thank you for the suggestions. They are all booked already via a travel agent on a package with hotels, excursions etc - they are not ones to go independently or fly indirect routings if possible - so my advice has been constrained to which seats to request the agent book them on the 787 (and thanks to FT for the thread on that!) and sorting out the Sofitel for the night before. We've also planned a European trip of our own for their departure date, as their outbound is in W so at least we can guest them into the LHR lounges on the way out and wave them off airside.

As they have not tried any airline's J product before I am sure they will love CW regardless of what us jaded ones might think (and personally I like it). My only concern with MSY is that in their minds business class = lounge, therefore the lack of one might disappoint and be a small downer at the end of what I hope will have been a lovely holiday. As you say in any case I have no doubt the crew will make them happy once on board.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Does BA still have no lounge at MSY? Checking oneworld.com gives no results. I will be flying to MSY next month, and would appreciate a lounge a lot more than a voucher...
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
Does BA still have no lounge at MSY? Checking oneworld.com gives no results. I will be flying to MSY next month, and would appreciate a lounge a lot more than a voucher...
Still no lounge, and the voucher doesn't buy you much at MSY prices!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by wcel
Still no lounge, and the voucher doesn't buy you much at MSY prices!
All the more reason to maximize your time in New Orleans and minimize your time at MSY.

That said, the dining options at the new MSY are infinitely better than at the old terminal, and the new terminal is an infinitely more comfortable place than the old one if you need to kill some time. Still, it's not an airport at which you need to arrive especially early, even for an international flight, For BA's 20:15 departure, I see no reason to arrive at MSY earlier than 18:00 (and even later would be comfortable for most; with TSA pre-check, I could see arriving at 19:00). That gives one plenty of time to enjoy a great New Orleans breakfast and lunch (my recommendations on the more casual, less touristy side are Surrey's for breakfast and High Hat Cafe for lunch), after which one will not miss free lounge food (and might even be inclined to skip the meal on the flight). One can then use the voucher BA gives you for a couple of cocktails prior to boarding.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, AC Aeroplan, UA MileagePlus, WN Rapid Rewards
The Club MSY is currently scheduled to open on January 30th. This will be the lounge used by BA passengers flying Club World.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by ASDwxguy
The Club MSY is currently scheduled to open on January 30th. This will be the lounge used by BA passengers flying Club World.
I'll be travelling through MSY in the first week of February so hopefully this date happens and I'll be able to experience it in its infancy, although you say for those flying Club World, will it not be extended to Silver and above flying in any cabin?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:16 pm

Thanks for your help! Let’s hope the Club opens according to schedule. ^
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:59 am

Any word if the Club has opened now?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Any word if the Club has opened now?
Yes, it has now opened.

https://www.bizneworleans.com/club-m...trong-airport/

Opening to guests on Thursday, Jan. 30, The Club MSY is located on the third level of concourse A and is available to members of Priority Pass, LoungeKey and Lounge Club. Many credit cards, banks and other financial institutions offer these memberships as perks. The lounge is also available to all travelers through the purchase of a day pass online or at the lounge for $40. The Club also participates in the AAA Members Discount and Rewards Program. The lounge is open daily from 4:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.”
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
According to the airport's Twitter account it has:

There's also a mention in the North America lounges section, and I've come across a second local media report which I will put there.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:16 pm

Excellent news. I'll hopefully be in there on Tuesday, if anyone wants to know any specifics, let me know and I'll try my best, within reason
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:24 am

Still nothing on the Oneworld website, but I guess it takes a while to update. If anyone could confirm firsthand that BA J pax have access, I'd be grateful. Will be flying mid-Feb.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:25 am

Excellent news. I'll hopefully be in there on Tuesday, if anyone wants to know any specifics, let me know and I'll try my best, within reason
I'd be interested in hearing about the food options. Basically, whether there's enough hot food to be able to skip an early dinner before heading to the airport. Thanks!
wcel likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I'd be interested in hearing about the food options. Basically, whether there's enough hot food to be able to skip an early dinner before heading to the airport. Thanks!
No, no, no. I beg you not to do this. You're in New Orleans, for god's sake. You have your choice of eating some of the best food on the planet, or eating at an airport lounge (and likely a third-rate one at that). If you don't want to eat too early, pick up a muffalettta at Central Grocery to bring with you to the airport; they keep incredibly well. Do the right thing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.