Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bizarre member of staff at T5

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Jermyn
You know what happens to EK Ambassadors that ask reasonable questions here...
Some of us aren't ambassadors anymore...

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Are you serious you've never heard of SSSS - extra security check at the gate for some passengers on flights to the USA????
There's a whole world out there that doesn't obsess about or travel to the US, so I think it's reasonable that someone might not now. Indeed, many Americans probably don't even know what it means
DYKWIA, wrp96 and msm2000uk like this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:23 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Are you serious you've never heard of SSSS - extra security check at the gate for some passengers on flights to the USA????
I knew it had something to do with an additional security check. But I honestly did not know that this was at the gate and that this resulted in an extra boarding group with priority. So the question was only half tongue in cheek. I have not been to the USA since 2002, have had neither the need nor the inclination since.

So my gratitude to those who have enlightened me. Can someone please also answer my other question (older than who)?
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I once told SWMBO that we should be the last to board. Never mind all this Group stuff. Never mind Class paid.
If I dare stand up whilst a queue is visible, I am told off.
I know my place.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Some of us aren't ambassadors anymore...

There's a whole world out there that doesn't obsess about or travel to the US, so I think it's reasonable that someone might not now. Indeed, many Americans probably don't even know what it means
I was doing a DXB-SEA and got the dreaded SSSS. They took a group of about 5 of us and roped us off. There was an Indian looking gentleman who was going DXB-SEA-YVR and did not understand what was going on. he was genuine confused, and said why do I have to do this. So I explained to him he was randomly selected, and as proof (me being a white Caucasian male with global entry and a US citizen) of my status that it truly was random.

he shrugged and said oh well... but yes there is a whole world out there that doesn’t know this stuff and it’s always nice to be a good person and educate someone whose lost or unprepared.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.