Wiki Posts
Search

Infant not ticketed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Infant not ticketed

When checking in, I've twice now been told that the infant that was added to my booking (after being born) has not been ticketed.

I called BA specifically to double check that all bookings he has been added to have been ticketed...the answer 'yes'. In the latest fiasco, not only hadn't he been ticketed, but the fee hadn't been taken either. This meant a 30min interaction with the ticketing desk.

What am I doing wrong? I can't help think that it's fine if this happens at Gatwick or Heathrow...but what are my chances at Larnaca if the little one hasn't been ticketed?!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Check that you have a ticket (number) for the infant’s reservation.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by duvin
Check that you have a ticket (number) for the infant’s reservation.
Do you know how I can check that? I can see my ticket number in the app, but don't know how to see my sons.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
On the app, in manage my booking, you should see a print/email e-ticket receipt. Ticket numbers for all passengers (including infants) is included there. Assuming all on one PNR. If separate PNRs you will need to use this on the website.

Also Finnair do a very good version of the receipt and itinerary - even when not including any AY flights.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
This happened to a friend of mine and it was a pain to sort out, one of the other problems is getting a bassinet position reserved if you happen to be long haul which she was.

A very good way of dealing with this sort of thing is via the twitter team who have a bit of clout. As Madfish says, use the Finnair site to see whether there is a ticket issued against your child's name, if not, straight onto twitter, summarise briefly the problem, follow the BA account and they'll ask you to DM them. No identifiable information should be placed in the initial tweet.
argonath likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Presidents Club, Europcar Privilege Elite, HHonours Gold, Le Club Accor Platinum
I had same issue with flights in August. Took 30 mins to sort out at check in at LHR, and I asked the desk staff to confirm that we would be ok on the inbound flight from PMI 2 weeks later, she said we would be ok but we wasn't. Same issues which check in there couldn't fix and I had to go to the ticketing desk, took nearly an hour to sort everything out we got it sorted about 2 minutes before checkin closed! I submitted a complaint to BA at beginning of sept because of the inconvenience but had no response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.