Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on LCY-DUB flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
Advice on LCY-DUB flight

Do I need to pass immigration at DUB? and do I need to pass UK immigration at LCY during return trip? With normal Economy ticket, is DUB departure security line long?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Do I need to pass immigration at DUB? and do I need to pass UK immigration at LCY during return trip? With normal Economy ticket, is DUB departure security line long?
Yes, you will need to go through Passport control in Dublin, everyone has to.

On the return, no, there is no immigration clearance - you'll go straight through and exit.

Departure security depends on the flight time. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it's not. If you're concerned, you can buy Fast-Track Security from the Dublin Airport web site for about €6. That always takes less than 10 minutes in my experience.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Yes, you will need to go through Passport control in Dublin, everyone has to.

On the return, no, there is no immigration clearance - you'll go straight through and exit.

Departure security depends on the flight time. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it's not. If you're concerned, you can buy Fast-Track Security from the Dublin Airport web site for about €6. That always takes less than 10 minutes in my experience.
How bad is the non-EU immigration queue comparing to London Heathrow?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
How bad is the non-EU immigration queue comparing to London Heathrow?
Now that LHR uses e-gates for many nationalities, it is worse. But it used to be better than London until quite recently! Do you have another flight or travel arrangement? Just in case there is more specific advice that we can give you.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Now that LHR uses e-gates for many nationalities, it is worse. But it used to be better than London until quite recently! Do you have another flight or travel arrangement? Just in case there is more specific advice that we can give you.
Thank you. My flight is arriving at around 3pm from LCY, is it busy during that time? I believe most airlines serving DUB T1 is mostly European, so most passengers are using the e-gate, is that correct? or there are other details to take note about?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thank you. My flight is arriving at around 3pm from LCY, is it busy during that time? I believe most airlines serving DUB T1 is mostly European, so most passengers are using the e-gate, is that correct? or there are other details to take note about?
Midweek out of school holidays that should be fairly quiet, Fridays at the end of school holidays could be busier. I would assume 30 minutes and it may be quicker.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:22 am

OP, if you need to be out as quickly as possible you can consider Platinum Services (more info on the Dublin Airport website). It's on par with Heathrow VIP in terms of service, but very reasonably priced at 225 EUR for the first passenger (360 for 2) and - assuming hand baggage only - can get you from the BA stand to whoever is going to pick you up outside in a little over 5 minutes.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I recently arrived into DUB on a weekday around 13:30 (it was about 8 weeks ago). I would have more distinctly remembered if the queues were hectic, but it was pretty quick to get through. (I had meetings booked the afternoon so had a really tight schedule to get out of the airport in time to make those and I had no issues).

(And I don't seem to remember any e-gates, I think I had an immigration officer).
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Mulder00
(And I don't seem to remember any e-gates, I think I had an immigration officer).
At T1 the e-gates are on the sides along from the Immigration Control Officers' desks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.