Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Travelling with someone in different Cabins

Travelling with someone in different Cabins

Old Nov 9, 19, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
This sounds incredibly cringeworthy.
Iíd go one further and say it sounds like the start of a particularly lurid readers letter to a very specific type of top-shelf periodical popular in the 70ís and 80ís.

<shudder>

OP. I second/third the Ďdonít be that personí advice. Just ask if you can go down to where theyíre sitting if you want/need to chat. Alternatively see if there is an AUP and pay for him to sit with you.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
I did this just a few weeks back, I was in CW, colleague in WTP.

I waited until meal service was out of the way then asked the CC dealing with my cabin if they could check if it was OK for me to nip back and see a colleague. CSD came to see me, said it was fine for me to go back if I wanted but as there was an empty CW seat next to me my colleague was welcome to join me for 'an hour or so' and there was no issue 'should you wish to grab them a drink and snack from the Club kitchen'

I was very surprised and very grateful, both myself and my colleague sent thankyou in to the staff member, we kept it as 'great service' without specifics so as not to cause them issues.

So, be nice, be humble, be sensible and have no expectation and things can happen for the good.
flygirl68 and TTmex like this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by tuonopepper View Post
I did this just a few weeks back, I was in CW, colleague in WTP.

I waited until meal service was out of the way then asked the CC dealing with my cabin if they could check if it was OK for me to nip back and see a colleague. CSD came to see me, said it was fine for me to go back if I wanted but as there was an empty CW seat next to me my colleague was welcome to join me for 'an hour or so' and there was no issue 'should you wish to grab them a drink and snack from the Club kitchen'

I was very surprised and very grateful, both myself and my colleague sent thankyou in to the staff member, we kept it as 'great service' without specifics so as not to cause them issues.

So, be nice, be humble, be sensible and have no expectation and things can happen for the good.
This example of simple human decency would drive the "rules are rules" types slighty nuts.
tuonopepper likes this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA, Alaska, AA, KLM, Delta
Or the upfont passenger could wile away flight time on his own
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I'll preface this by saying it wasn't BA, but I was on a flight one time where I was Y and friend was in J. It was an A320 with a grand total of 7 passengers onboard, no idea why it was so lightly loaded.

I asked cabin crew if I could sit beside my friend and the answer came back " If I let you, everybody will want to sit up front". Wasn't until later I counted the heads and realized that everyone could indeed sit in J with seats left over...
Old Nov 10, 19, 3:48 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I think the general feel of this thread is ask, but don't expect a yes.

If they do say yes, be thankful, gracious and discreet.

If they say no, politely thank them for their time.
Old Nov 10, 19, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I would personally not ask for my friend to join me in J. Iíd ask the crew in my cabin if itís ok for me to go visit them in Y and I would be happy with that. if the crew member suggest the contrary instead then fabulous.
Old Nov 10, 19, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
I was on a DL TATL and someone asked the pursar if their friend could have the empty seat next to her and gave him the seat number of theor friend.

"give me a moment" and he dissapeared then returned and said someting like "I'm afraid not but I've just checked and the seat next to your friend is empty and you are more than welcome to move there for the rest of the flight"

Her face was a picture!
subject2load, mikeyfly and Lefly like this.
Old Nov 10, 19, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ UKtravelbear. thatís a gem.

Nice to hear of a Purser being one (or maybe three .... ?!) step ahead of a pushy passenger ........

Search this Thread
Search Engine: