No meal on GLA- LCY

Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
No meal on GLA- LCY

I am on the BA 2211 from GLA-LCY in club, 13:45 departure. Booked the flight at 17:00 last night .
Gate agent has just told us that due to the’ late’booking no meal has been loaded for me or my travelling companion.
This is the 4th flight of the day to LCY from GLA.
How much notice do they need?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Like special meals I assume 24hrs or more. Now when you get on you may find you get a meal anyway if there are spares or others don’t want it - but I think due to you booking with less than 24 hrs that message comes up automatically.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
How much notice? 24 hours.

but it’s rare to be left foodless. I did a same day change last week on AMS to LGW (so deffo less than 24 hours) and got a meal on the plane no problem as did everyone else in CE.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I wasn’t actually bothered about the meal, however is it really that difficult for an organisation like BA to have the agility in their systems to provide a meal18 hrs in advance at an outstation with multiple flights?
Scots_Al likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lcyguy
I wasn’t actually bothered about the meal, however is it really that difficult for an organisation like BA to have the agility in their systems to provide a meal18 hrs in advance at an outstation with multiple flights?
Yes
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
And the beautiful thing is that the last minute booking kind of people tend to pay full fare - adding insult to injury...
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
This is what BA does, but it seems bad.

We know (from helpful insiders) that there are top-up meals circulating (in a suitably chilled van) at Heathrow and can be loaded shortly before departure. Once the aircraft has left LHR then no more food can be provided but I strongly think it should be possible to load a meal at short notice in LHR, on a best-effort basis.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LCY8737
And the beautiful thing is that the last minute booking kind of people tend to pay full fare - adding insult to injury...
Yes it does seem to be rather unfair especially for those who aren't on work travel and have paid for their own ticket. At least they'll have lounge access to grab a bite before they board....LCY isn't exactly a long flight anyway.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes it does seem to be rather unfair especially for those who aren't on work travel and have paid for their own ticket. At least they'll have lounge access to grab a bite before they board....LCY isn't exactly a long flight anyway.
True not a long flight ...yet sometimes priced as much as a mid to long haul fare! Two sides to every story. Shame BA cannot cater accordingly.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by lcyguy
I am on the BA 2211 from GLA-LCY in club, 13:45 departure. Booked the flight at 17:00 last night .
Gate agent has just told us that due to the’ late’booking no meal has been loaded for me or my travelling companion.
This is the 4th flight of the day to LCY from GLA.
How much notice do they need?
Make sure you complain to BA. You'll get some Avios for your trouble and the powers that be will be better informed of what passengers actually think, i.e. BA (well BACF) had ample time to up-cater the outbound from LCY.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.