Advice needed: Lost iPad in F

Old Nov 8, 19, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
I had a similar situation in DEN

About four weeks after the event an airline lost and found rep called me at the number engraved on the iPad and I paid the $23 FeDex fee to have the iPad overnighted to me. Apparently that airlines lost and found is only operated a few times a month.

Good luck
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The problem with BA's decentralized system is that there is no database. Thus, if the iPad was not noticed (dark case in dark interior) and went on to the next station, it may be sitting in LHR or somewhere else and there is no way to know, other than tracing the aircraft's movements and calling to each location.

Even the free version of FR24 will give you 30 days of aircraft movement.

Nonetheless, I would telephone and not email back to HKG and see if you can't enlist someone to take a look. Unique identifiers will be most helpful as I can't imagine how many iPads there are. Bear in mind that if the iPad went back to LHR, it would likely be logged in under that flight number.
Old Nov 8, 19, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I had united send me an Ipad that wasnt mine.

It was found in a seat I was assigned to. I wanted to get it to the correct person who probably lived in the Seattle area like I did. I asked if they could just give me their contact info and I could get them the ipad. They wouldnt do that and instead have me ship it back to HQ where they then sent it back out.

Search this Thread