IAG Capital Markets Day 2019

Old Nov 8, 19, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Still 'super happy' about the Boeing Max Death being thrown at LGW. Whilst not wanting to shift the convo too much I want to see it operational and without incident for at least 3 years, pref 5, before i'm willing to set foot on the thing so it might make BA a difficult choice in the medium term. ( just a personal approach, I refused to get on a 787 until they could show an ability not to set fire to themselves and that issue, fortunately, didn't lead to any loss of life)

With the 777x I think we need to hope for a speedy, and safe, resolution to the current leaf engine issues & the other issues with the aircraft as the programme is already slipping and starting to impact 1st customer delivery dates which will obvs have a knock on effect.

Pleased about the relative speed and size of the 350 rollout
Old Nov 8, 19, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC
134: Cost reduction is in our DNA

and this is a slide title. It makes me nervous and worried for the longer term.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
rockflyertalk Let's just hope that they have learnt from previous mistakes in this regard
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:25 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Every year I love reading the internal view of BA :-)

If I see that 6.5Bn investment bandied around for a 4th year ill pull my fingernails out
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by milkyway88 View Post
Page 125 says they are starting the BACF Embraer replacement during 2020 completing in 2023, however nothing has yet been ordered, which seems to be cutting it fine.
The 170s are due to be replaced with more second hand 190s next year - perhaps that counts as replacement? 🙂
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
134: Cost reduction is in our DNA
and this is a slide title. It makes me nervous and worried for the longer term.
Not "Cost control" I note.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by zappomatic View Post
The 170s are due to be replaced with more second hand 190s next year - perhaps that counts as replacement? ��
The two 190's due this year are shown in the 2019 column.

The others are just listed as "RJ Requirement" which suggest they haven't been ordered. It not easy to get exact numbers due to the layout, but it looks like it is around 25 aircraft between 2020 & 2023.

Last edited by milkyway88; Nov 8, 19 at 4:44 am Reason: error
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirBnb 700x Platinum, AC (never again)
Page 129 before and after of CW2 to CS upgrade, interesting to note they say "no density loss" despite clearly major loss of "working space" at door 2, reduction of F, along with the fact that the rear 2 F seats now spill over into CW.
Also interesting to see that going to 3-4-3 in WT only adds 14 pax, considering how uncomfortable they have to make it to add 1 seat to each row and along with an extra row of 4 at the back.
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by TWCLAM View Post
rockflyertalk Let's just hope that they have learnt from previous mistakes in this regard
There is no mistake here
Old Nov 8, 19, 5:00 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Slide 140 (modelling out the impact on IAG financials if another 2008/9 style economic crisis hit), was an interesting one. Not so much the actual numbers as the idea it is deemed necessary to forewarn this might be round the corner. The reductions in planned capacity growth speak loudly.

The take on the economics of the loyalty business was pretty interesting.

With the exception of the UX piece, it was much more about IAG than the carriers, compared to previous presentations.
Old Nov 8, 19, 7:45 am

Alarming note from @londonAirTravel, can't see how this would be good for passengers.

Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/LondonAirTravel/status/1192796555562102784
Drew Crawley, CEO of Avios, confirms that IAG is looking at a single loyalty programme for all its airlines, like hotel groups. The risk is brand dilution by losing individual programmes such as the BA Executive Club given how loyal many passengers are to individual airlines.
Old Nov 8, 19, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by jackqu7 View Post
can't see how this would be good for passengers.
That depends on which airline's passengers you're talking about.
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Seems they didn't want any of the Thomas Cook slots, LGW gone to Easyjet and MAN to Jet2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-50350531

"EasyJet and Jet2.com have bought all of the takeoff and landing slots owned by collapsed travel firm Thomas Cook in UK airports.

The slots at London Gatwick and Bristol were bought by EasyJet for 36m, the government's liquidation service said.

Jet2.com has bought slots at Manchester, Birmingham and Stansted airports for an undisclosed amount."
george77300 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by cosmo74 View Post
Slide 82: "Constantly improving our customer loyalty programmes, with major enhancements to come"

Oh dear, the E word, should we be worried?
Ah yes ....... the one word that provides an instant reminder (lest anyone should momentarily forget) that this is an IAG presentation ! Scary thoughts.

Originally Posted by milkyway88 View Post

It also suggest full roll out of CS will take until end of 2025.
If so - and it remains to be seen whether such a timescale will actually be met - that would be a full six years from now. A long way off ....... can’t help but wonder just what other carriers might be offering by then as a biz product.
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:37 am

Programs: BA/VS Silver
Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
If so - and it remains to be seen whether such a timescale will actually be met - that would be a full six years from now. A long way off ....... can’t help but wonder just what other carriers might be offering by then as a biz product.
If you look at the graph more than 75% are due to be done by 2022 - 92% by 2023. That's actually a really decent roll out. Who knows, United might still be rolling out Polaris in 2025!
florens and george77300 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: