Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Underwhelmed by CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by bullroot
'Mixed' in this case means anything from non-existent, to below average. I've been in CCR almost weekly for 4 or 5 years, and despite what you hear from the few people on here who jump to defend CCR at all costs - it's a fact that if you sit on the terrace you shouldn't expect any real proactive service at all. Go to the dining area or bar, or sit inside, if you want service. I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot, but since there is nowhere else to grab food in the CCR, it should be a given that they up the proactivity on the terrace. And not exactly hard to do.
Weird, I’m only in there once a year, mainly camped on the terrace and each and every time have seen someone proactively taking orders. Perhaps not as frequently as would be ideal but there’s always been someone doing it
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by steveholt

These are two separate things. if you're suggesting that the CCR could improve, especially in the areas you mentioned (the cabanas particularly), I agree. But using marketing text as the standard to which a lounge should be expected to be held, as I said earlier, is either disingenuous or naive.
I take all marketing with a shaker of salt. However, there is a bigger gap between the BA "promise" and what is actually delivered than the ones I mentioned. There are of course worse offenders.

In terms of FCT vs FCL, I prefer the FCT but based on where my connection is leaving from and how much time I have, the FCLs are nice too.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The second problem is that the calibre of staff who work in there for Baxter Storey (?) is pretty dismal. The staff at LGW are 10 times faster, sharper, and pleasanter.I doubt that they get paid much, so one should not expect much, but this is not the impression that BA wishes to make. Quite what you do about them I do not know.
This.

The BS staff slouch and shuffle and slop around. They are so obviously lacking motivation for some reason. Who knows if they are lazy, poorly managed, just don't care, aren't paid enough to care, etc.

As a lowly peasant Silver these days, and connecting to domestics a lot, T5A North lounge is one of my more usual spots passing through LHR.

Unless one arrives at a particularly quiet time, there's dirty tableware piled up all over the place, and the staff would struggle to keep up with clearing-in patrols even if they worked at something quicker than a snail's pace.

I honestly wouldn't mind clearing up after myself (i.e. dropping my dirty dishes one of the two sculleries this lounge has) if there was a facility to do that, but there isn't.

My observations lead me to believe that BaxterStorey are struggling to deliver the contract at an acceptable level.

I don't remember things ever seeming quite so bad under Restaurant Associates/Compass.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by mjh0
This.

The BS staff slouch and shuffle and slop around. They are so obviously lacking motivation for some reason. Who knows if they are lazy, poorly managed, just don't care, aren't paid enough to care, etc.

As a lowly peasant Silver these days, and connecting to domestics a lot, T5A North lounge is one of my more usual spots passing through LHR.

Unless one arrives at a particularly quiet time, there's dirty tableware piled up all over the place, and the staff would struggle to keep up with clearing-in patrols even if they worked at something quicker than a snail's pace.

I honestly wouldn't mind clearing up after myself (i.e. dropping my dirty dishes one of the two sculleries this lounge has) if there was a facility to do that, but there isn't.

My observations lead me to believe that BaxterStorey are struggling to deliver the contract at an acceptable level.

I don't remember things ever seeming quite so bad under Restaurant Associates/Compass.
My observations of Baxter Storey in GF and GC is that they are delivering the contract at a very much acceptable price to our good friend Alex. I used the LH business lounge in T2 last week at breakfast time and the Do & Co catering was way better than anything I've had from the Baxter Storey canteens.

Never yet used the CCR but I don't think my First First is ever likely to be on British Airways, regardless of my pile of Avios.

And you're spot on about staff attitude and demeanour in Galleries Clubs in London. Zero motivation or initiative.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Four visits in the last 18 months here. All brilliant - people serving, proactive offers of food and drinks, even canapés offered on the terrace. The only downside was one bad piece of ribeye! Love the CCR - just so much more chilled than other F lounges; here’s looking at you AA F dining JFK and Malaysian lounge KUL... fabulous food and drink in both but only if you want to sit at a dining room table. Give me a lounger on the terrace any day.

Yes, the cabanas and loos need a refurb. Gatwick showers and the modern lounges show what BA are doing these days and it’s much better.

The CCR gets a bad rep on here but I do wonder if that’s just whingey people who will complain about anything...

TFC
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Three visits in the last year for me, all superb !! I’ve dined (never waited) food was superb, service friendly, a few glasses of LPGS sat at the bar & terrace. All very relaxing and could not fault it ! (Maybe I got lucky)
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: GGL
There once a week.

I like to be able to use the door, as early mornings the First security wing now often busier than fast-track, and seems shorter.

For months I walked straight through to GF so I could just grab some things and no need to wait.

Changed strategy few months ago and now just immediately approach someone and ask same three items each time.

So yes proactiveness could improve but if you just ask it's pretty good and preferable to GF.

Can't complain.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by mjh0
That's a problem I have observed in a lot of lounges across different airlines. I really would like a a movable cart, a corner near the kitchen, a whatever collecting point where anyone could leave plates and glasses instead of waiting for someone to clear a table. But no, there are none.
windowontheAside likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
defnitely preferable to GF as it is way quieter. GF seems hard to get a seat in these days, especially if you're not travelling alone.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Four visits in the last 18 months here. All brilliant - people serving, proactive offers of food and drinks, even canapés offered on the terrace. The only downside was one bad piece of ribeye! Love the CCR - just so much more chilled than other F lounges; here’s looking at you AA F dining JFK and Malaysian lounge KUL... fabulous food and drink in both but only if you want to sit at a dining room table. Give me a lounger on the terrace any day.

Yes, the cabanas and loos need a refurb. Gatwick showers and the modern lounges show what BA are doing these days and it’s much better.

The CCR gets a bad rep on here but I do wonder if that’s just whingey people who will complain about anything...

TFC
I admit I do give it a bad rep in terms of service proactivity especially on the terrace. Many, many times I have been or seen people being ignored, orders taken wrongly or not turned up, and general malaise. My data sample is much higher than yours so I stand by my points. It's still a good lounge, nice and quiet, though could do with more power points for sure. Best lounge in T5 by a mile. I'm not a whingey person complaining about anything, I'm calling the service on terrace for what it is that is all. it is a far cry from the BA blurb, or the CCR 'defenders' opinions. I lose my CCR card in a couple months and am a tad sad about that, mostly due to ability to avoid the crowds in GF and lower bathroom/persion ratio. But on the flip side, I get to spend much less time in LHR and when I am in GF I realise I can still order the breakfast kippers and an espresso martini. Though who knows where I would find space in GF to consume these items but that is a first world problem I am happy to solve. Doing an extra 6+ CW flights/year on BA just to get the CCR card is not worth the hassle any more.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The FCT isn't intended to be lounge for connecting passengers. The other F lounges are just as good, and don't involve going outside.
I thought that if you were connecting onto F they would pick you up at the plane to take you there?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by alex67500
I thought that if you were connecting onto F they would pick you up at the plane to take you there?
No. They pick you up, but drop you at connections. You then go through security and head to the normal F lounge.

Alternatively, you go through immigration and walk outside to the FCT. It's only about 5 minutes walk from what I remember.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Alternatively, you go through immigration and walk outside to the FCT. It's only about 5 minutes walk from what I remember.
Yet another lounge that didn't match the praise heaped on it from individuals on a certain airliners site.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yet another lounge that didn't match the praise heaped on it from individuals on a certain airliners site.
It's fantastic IMO. Private security, great service and a great menu. Then a car to the plane 10 minutes before departure.

And rubber ducks... if you're into that sort of thing.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's fantastic IMO. Private security, great service and a great menu. Then a car to the plane 10 minutes before departure.

And rubber ducks... if you're into that sort of thing.
The rubber ducks were the highlight of my visit. Still got them although they have suffered some dog toothmarks over the years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.