Underwhelmed by CCR

Old Nov 9, 19, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
The service failings reported in the OP are IME the exception rather than the rule. The CCR was actually voted the best airport lounge for 2019 by Business Traveller readers so it can’t all be bad:

Best Airport Lounge
  1. British Airways Concorde Room, London Heathrow T5
  2. Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, London Heathrow
  3. Cathay Pacific The Pier, First Class, Hong Kong
  4. Cathay Pacific, London Heathrow
Very hard to see how the CCR beats The Pier in Hong Kong.

Consider:
- The Pier bathrooms / showers vs the CCR "hospital-style" toilets and Cabana showers.
- The Pier day beds vs. the Cabanas.
- The number of showers / beds in The Pier vs. the CCR's three Cabanas.
- The choice of food options in The Pier vs. "the scallop".
- The frequency and number of staff checking on patrons' needs in The Pier vs. the CCR.
- The number of charging points / plugs all over The Pier vs. the CCR's lack of these.
- General decor and maintenance in The Pier vs the CCR.
- The fact that The Pier seldom reaches the levels of overcrowding that the CCR can experience.
NoY, SW7London and Silver Fox like this.

Last edited by pollycat; Nov 9, 19 at 3:03 am
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Good morning CWS.

I am also in the CCR, although in the 'restaurant' section. Apart from the waiter forgetting my pain au chocolat everything has been good so far this morning, and that has just been remedied, albeit with the addition of a pain au raisins I don't need.

After the ordeal of doing some shopping for my wife I will be back to prop up the bar, which is certainly the best place to get service.

Overall I am happy with the CCR in LHR, but the one in JFK... OK I have only had one experience, but the service was terrible, the bar appeared to be for staff, not passengers and the menu was tiny and completely unsuitable for me. The chef did manage to make me something off menu, but I still ended up eating on what is supposed to be a sleeper flight. Hopefully it will be better on Friday.
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Definitas View Post
I can confirm that my post was both genuine and accurate. I'm not complaining just simply pointing out that the experience was not great (and thatís the most sympathetic way I could express it) whereas our previous, shorter experience (breakfast) was much better, as was our only previous flight in F
I have no doubt your post was genuine ... I was specifically replying to HIDDY about the generality of reviews.
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Jagboi View Post
In fairness, you're a regular and know the staff and they know you. Did you even have to order, or did the staff know what you wanted before you sat down?

Would a first time visitor have a reasonable expectation their order of food and drink would arrive within 162 seconds after placing it?
That is the problem. I just read a killer review about the pier, too.
It's very sad that the op had this experience.
But like you say.. The more frequent you come the better it gets.
That's not an excuse but it explains a lounge Cannot be 100 percent 24 7..
1pm. Peak time. Is just different than 2pm..
The higher your expectations the more disappointed u can get.. Problem with marketing..
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by elwe View Post
Good morning CWS.

I am also in the CCR, although in the 'restaurant' section. Apart from the waiter forgetting my pain au chocolat everything has been good so far this morning, and that has just been remedied, albeit with the addition of a pain au raisins I don't need.

After the ordeal of doing some shopping for my wife I will be back to prop up the bar, which is certainly the best place to get service.

Overall I am happy with the CCR in LHR, but the one in JFK... OK I have only had one experience, but the service was terrible, the bar appeared to be for staff, not passengers and the menu was tiny and completely unsuitable for me. The chef did manage to make me something off menu, but I still ended up eating on what is supposed to be a sleeper flight. Hopefully it will be better on Friday.
See. The same. One experience.. It's sad.. But I had one of the best airport food experiences at jfk.
Their scallops fe. Were terrific
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat View Post
See. The same. One experience.. It's sad.. But I had one of the best airport food experiences at jfk.
Their scallops fe. Were terrific
That is why I am clear that my data set is very small, and I am giving it another chance on Friday, with much lowered expectations.
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
THE LOFT at BRU is Europe's best airport lounge? Give. Me. A. Break.
Every time I'm in there I think: "...and there is people complaining about GF at T5?!" O_o
LondonElite and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
In fairness, you're a regular and know the staff and they know you. Did you even have to order, or did the staff know what you wanted before you sat down?

Would a first time visitor have a reasonable expectation their order of food and drink would arrive within 162 seconds after placing it?

You have only to scan through the many tales of disappointment on this one thread alone to give an idea of just how underwhelming the CCR is actually perceived by some visitors.

Sure, there are a good number of glowing reports too ; but therein lies the core issue : an inconsistency in service levels and delivery. And it is, sadly, that same issue that tends to characterise BA as a service provider - whether on the ground or in the air - more than any other aspect of its overall product proposition.

On a more specific note ...... I would heartily endorse this (earlier) comment by FT-er Lefly above (and which, hopefully, someone in the BA bunker has seen too !) :

I would like both GF and CCR in T5 to improve the restrooms.”
NoY and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Greetings everyone from the CCR, where all seems well, it's not too busy, and CWS had his warm-but-not hot brown toast and coffee presented in 162 seconds of sitting down.

Funnily enough I was just thinking the same thing about my warm but not particularly toasted sliced offerings this morning. I shall walk about and see if you're still here. I'm in the boardroom.

Service today is fine for me. I received everything I requested in a timely manner. Quite acceptable for my requirements but I'm mostly more interested in function than form especially after an overnight flight.
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
I shall walk about and see if you're still here. I'm in the boardroom.
Regrettably I am currently over Northamptonshire en route to EDI. Breakfast is about to be served!
golfmad likes this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Regrettably I am currently over Northamptonshire en route to EDI. Breakfast is about to be served!
Enjoy it, CWS !

And hereís hoping nobody on your flight has to wait more than 162 seconds for theirs ........

Safe travels.
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Today I doubt there would be many complaints, there were 3 contemporary reports saying similar things. Equally quite a few of the reports were from the Terrace, and some must relate to events some time ago - there are now 2 self service points for water for example.
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Had my first CCR experience a couple of weeks back. The sit down dining was fine. Attentive service and LPGS topped up regularly. Moved to the Terrace after dining and got comfy in a sofa at the far end. Fancied a coffee after all the champagne but the chap in attendance never approached so had to wander over to him in the corner. Coffee turned up after 20 minutes or so.
We decided that hanging out in the vicinity of the bar might be more fruitful and we were right.

The experience on the whole was reasonable but why the lack of service on the Terrace?

Not as good as Qantas First in Sydney but better than the darkened room in Singapore I reckon but our next First departure will be from T3 so that'll offer us yet more comparisons. I'm open to T3 suggestions btw.
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:16 am

T3 has to be CX F lounge in my opinion. Like a mini CCR in many ways.
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DrGee View Post
Had my first CCR experience a couple of weeks back. The sit down dining was fine. Attentive service and LPGS topped up regularly. Moved to the Terrace after dining and got comfy in a sofa at the far end. Fancied a coffee after all the champagne but the chap in attendance never approached so had to wander over to him in the corner. Coffee turned up after 20 minutes or so.
We decided that hanging out in the vicinity of the bar might be more fruitful and we were right.

The experience on the whole was reasonable but why the lack of service on the Terrace?

Not as good as Qantas First in Sydney but better than the darkened room in Singapore I reckon but our next First departure will be from T3 so that'll offer us yet more comparisons. I'm open to T3 suggestions btw.
Hi,

Very good thread here;

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

I like the CX F lounge .

Regards

TBS

Search this Thread