Search

Late Flight LHR-BOS (BA239) First Menu?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Late Flight LHR-BOS (BA239) First Menu?

All -

Trying to understand what the service / current menu is in First on the late flight from LHR (7:05pm departure) to Boston. Anyone have recent experience?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Regular service - dinner served shortly after departure, and a pre-arrival 'snack' (which I don't think is 'afternoon tea' at that time) shortly before landing. Pretty standard service; I've done this route a few times in F and never thought the catering was out of the ordinary for F

Bear in mind that F is 'dine on demand' anyway now - I do on these late flights often ask the crew to hold off and just serve the 'main' meal later in the flight as that stops me falling asleep on board later in the flight (which I find helps with jet lag, to stay awake until get to hotel at 10-11pm local) and allows me to get work done before I relax
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Correct. Sadly, ba’s conception of snack is merely afternoon without the scones...
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Strangely the menu I can see online for this flight still includes a full afternoon tea.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Strangely the menu I can see online for this flight still includes a full afternoon tea.
I was wondering if that was the case! Pretty funny for a 10pm arrival.

Does anyone have a November menu? Trying to decide if I want to do LH F or BA F in 2 weeks (Have to connect either way).
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:55 am

Heh - I'd forgotten about the scones at 10pm - I think the crew maybe leave those off the plate in the real world and just serve the sandwiches!

Are you serious - I like BA F just fine, but if you have a straight choice between BA in F and LH in F (especially connecting in FRA or MUC with their amazing F lounges/ground service) you should book LH F in a heartbeat and stop even bothering to think about BA....sorry, that's from a BA loyalist, but if price/schedule/airline status are all even to you, LH F is a much more First Class product than BA F
rossmacd likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:56 am

The Boston offering on the ground for LH is a bit weak but I wouldn't let that stop you
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
It's a couple of years ago now, but I took the 18:00ish LHR-JFK flight and we definitely got afternoon tea before landing.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:04 am

It’s a full afternoon tea prior to arrival. Even with the November menu change I expect only the primary meal will be adjusted, the afternoon tea will remain.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That’s a strange on MFCC, normally the scones are dropped on these later flights?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by SvenB1414
Trying to decide if I want to do LH F or BA F in 2 weeks (Have to connect either way).
Is that a serious question? LH F any day of the week if it is an option (schedule, price etc being similar to BA).
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by ratypus
Heh - I'd forgotten about the scones at 10pm - I think the crew maybe leave those off the plate in the real world and just serve the sandwiches!

Are you serious - I like BA F just fine, but if you have a straight choice between BA in F and LH in F (especially connecting in FRA or MUC with their amazing F lounges/ground service) you should book LH F in a heartbeat and stop even bothering to think about BA....sorry, that's from a BA loyalist, but if price/schedule/airline status are all even to you, LH F is a much more First Class product than BA F
Ive done both recently and while LH F was great, IME it’s in no way better enough to justify the stop over in FRA, even as an AV nerd.

Although if you haven’t done LH F before...
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Ive done both recently and while LH F was great, IME it’s in no way better enough to justify the stop over in FRA, even as an AV nerd.

Although if you haven’t done LH F before...
I think OP isn't based at LHR so will have to connect through LHR or FRA regardless.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Correct I’m BOS based, this is coming home and have to connect either way. BA is a bit (enough to care, not enough to make a clear case) cheaper although LH’s schedule is marginally better. So yes, legitimately asking this question.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:06 am

Yes OP is having to connect at either LHR or FRA (or possibly MUC?) regardless - but given LH's ground service for F passengers (car to and from the aircraft, and excellent F lounge and even F Terminal at FRA) I'd say the connection on LH will be way better than on BA travelling in F, before you even get on the plane.

I agree it's not really worth back-tracking from LHR to Europe in order to get to Boston, as a general rule!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.