FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Can you get a refund on Groupon Avios purchse? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1994422-can-you-get-refund-groupon-avios-purchse.html)

demolineux Nov 7, 19 12:58 am

Can you get a refund on Groupon Avios purchse?

Rather annoyingly I purchased avios yesterday morning through groupon, to add to my Iberia Plus account and then transfer to BA.

Today a 50% additional avios deal has opened up on BA meaning the cost is very much similar.

I am now very concerned about the Iberia avios, as many people have had to wait an extended period of time for them to be added to their balance.

Is there any way of getting a refund? It’s currently still
less than 24hr that I purchased the groupon avios..

babats Nov 7, 19 1:59 am

Originally Posted by demolineux (Post 31710332)
Rather annoyingly I purchased avios yesterday morning through groupon, to add to my Iberia Plus account and then transfer to BA.

Today a 50% additional avios deal has opened up on BA meaning the cost is very much similar.

I am now very concerned about the Iberia avios, as many people have had to wait an extended period of time for them to be added to their balance.

Is there any way of getting a refund? Itís currently still
less than 24hr that I purchased the groupon avios..

I suggest you read Groupon's T's & C's for the answer

craigthemif Nov 7, 19 2:15 am

No refunds, especially if you already filled in the form to convert your Groupon voucher into Avios.

P.S. Not BA related and cross-posting is against FT rules.

dontflymuch Nov 7, 19 2:17 am

I waited the timeframe specified in the tís&cís and when no Avios arrived did a charge back on my credit card, but this was after 14 days I believe and not 24hrs.

demolineux Nov 7, 19 2:29 am

Thanks for the comment. Yes I have read the Ts and Cs. However quite often with these sorts of things, the reality can be more flexible.

Thank you for the advice dontflymuch.

TTmex Nov 7, 19 7:48 am

I'm not sure. But not the end of the world to have the extra avios in your account? Bit frustrating, but they'll still be there for next trip.

UKtravelbear Nov 7, 19 9:05 am

If you buy direct from BA you can cancel within 14 days as long as you didn’t use any of them.

BUT you bought them via Groupon so you are stuck with their rules and likely those off Iberia who if I read their T&Cs correctly don’t allow any refunds.

BERbound Nov 7, 19 11:06 am

I've bought twice via Groupon, both times the avios were credited to IB swiftly and it was a fairly easy process.

demolineux Nov 7, 19 1:21 pm

Thank you for all the recent recommendations/ help.

How soon do you think availability will go on the flight? It's to EZE in April. All the very surrounding days are out of redemptions.
There seems to be 7+ availability of Avios seats in CW.

Is it worth risking the wait? Would it be possible to buy BA Avios from the BA website, upgrade, and then hope that the Groupon IB points cone through.... and request a refund.
Does a refund have to be the exact points, or can they come from your balance?

demolineux Nov 7, 19 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by BERbound (Post 31711756)
I've bought twice via Groupon, both times the avios were credited to IB swiftly and it was a fairly easy process.

Great. Do you recall how quickly they were credited to IB?

VG31 Nov 7, 19 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by demolineux (Post 31712274)
Great. Do you recall how quickly they were credited to IB?

I've bought Avios from Groupon once or twice previously and they were in my account in 7 to 10 days.

This time there's still no sign of the Avios I purchased on 23 October in my IB account.

TTmex Nov 7, 19 4:58 pm

How long is a piece of string?

Reward places can go super quick, they can be there until the same day.

cauchy Nov 7, 19 5:15 pm

Is Groupon a UK website? In which case does the standard 14 day cooling-off period apply?

demolineux Nov 7, 19 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by cauchy (Post 31713057)
Is Groupon a UK website? In which case does the standard 14 day cooling-off period apply?

In this case itís a Spanish website. The 14 day cooling off period only applies if the voucher is unused.

(You purchase a voucher that redeems avios)

TTmex Nov 7, 19 5:22 pm

If the Tc and Cs are in Spanish, send my an Inbox and I'll translate them for you.