Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T5B Lounge [TVs showing football on Sky Sports?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Does the lounge have a TV screen and if so what is the likelihood of them showing the Liverpool v Man City match on Sunday. I can watch on my iPad, wifi permitting, but would prefer to watch on a big screen.

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I can’t recall ever seeing sky sports in any Heathrow lounge, so no it’ll be your own streaming. Title not so helpful for future searches ..
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
If you use your own streaming, make sure to have your device on full volume, just so the other occupants of the lounge don't miss out.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Stream it on sky sports on your iPad. I’m not aware of any T5 lounges covering such.
Btw the title of the thread is well off the mark and needs changing if any mods are around.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Duplicate post
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Does the lounge have a TV screen and if so what is the likelihood of them showing the Liverpool v Man City match on Sunday. I can watch on my iPad, wifi permitting, but would prefer to watch on a big screen.

Thanks
they have several TVs and, unless things have changed this season, have SKY Sports, they do not have BT Sports

If the game is on SKY I have never had a problem getting it on at least one of the TVs
stewaran likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!

Thanks
You may, of course, be in a minority.

Use your iPad, and spare the rest of us. You might be surprised how many other people don't give a s**t.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
they have several TVs and, unless things have changed this season, have SKY Sports, they do not have BT Sports

If the game is on SKY I have never had a problem getting it on at least one of the TVs
It’s on SKY. Is that in the T5B lounge?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

B(

Originally Posted by T8191

Use your iPad, and spare the rest of us. You might be surprised how many other people don't give a s**t.
I think that’s a little unfair.

I just want to watch the match on a big screen. I’m not planning to have the volume turned up. The reason I was going to watch in the T5B as it’s quieter so less chance of disturbing people
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I think you will be fine.. also remember some of the pubs will probably be showing the game
more importantly , which team are you a follow of
(me Arsenal... so not very happy at this moment)
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotographer
I think you will be fine.. also remember some of the pubs will probably be showing the game
more importantly , which team are you a follow of
(me Arsenal... so not very happy at this moment)
Liverpool. Wish I was at the match but holiday was booked before the fixtures were announced 😔
stewaran likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Liverpool. Wish I was at the match but holiday was booked before the fixtures were announced 😔
Have a lot of friends here that are Liverpool fans
I think you will do them..
I like Liverpool, as long as you are not playing us...
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191

Harsh T8191, having a bad day?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I can’t recall ever seeing sky sports in any Heathrow lounge, so no it’ll be your own streaming. Title not so helpful for future searches ..
Virgin clubhouse perhaps?

I've watched many a game in the past on a Sunday afternoon, facing the big TV wall there, with a few glasses of Aspalls while waiting for a flight to NY.

May not be a lot of help here of course
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
It’s on SKY. Is that in the T5B lounge?
I have watched games in the B lounge and in the A lounges, but since the B lounge is usually quieter its "easier" to change one of the TVs without upsetting people.. I watched one of last seasons old firm games in the B lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.