Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Download pkpass boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Download pkpass boarding pass

Does anyone know if there is a way to download a pkpass boarding pass without an iphone?

I have always used Android and I use pkpass all the time, at the cinema for instance I always download the pkpass for the ticket.
With Wizz Air I can download the pkpass from the website at checkin and open it on my Android phone.

As far as I can see you can only get a pkpass boarding pass if you have the iphone app, is there any other way to get the boarding pass as a pkpass, it's a much better format.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kudos1uk
Does anyone know if there is a way to download a pkpass boarding pass without an iphone?

I have always used Android and I use pkpass all the time, at the cinema for instance I always download the pkpass for the ticket.
With Wizz Air I can download the pkpass from the website at checkin and open it on my Android phone.

As far as I can see you can only get a pkpass boarding pass if you have the iphone app, is there any other way to get the boarding pass as a pkpass, it's a much better format.
EDIT: sorry, misunderstood question. If you have the BA App why do you need / would you want to open a boarding pass with another application?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
You need an App from the Play Store, of which there are several if you use pkpass as a search term. PassWallet, Pass2U and PassAndroid are three that I've tried, the UIs are varying degrees of clunkiness so you might want to road test more than one. PassWallet appears to have NFC support according to the Play Store blurb though my phone doesn't so Ive not been able to test it.
Hi,
I think you misunderstood,
I already have PassAndroid and use it twice a week at the cinema for my entry tickets.

What I can't see is a way to download the pkpass file from BA without an iphone (and iphone app).
Last time I traveled it was only possible to download it into the Android app (not a pkpass file) and as a PDF to print, with Wizz Air it is possible to download the pkpass file directly from the website using my laptop.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
EDIT: sorry, misunderstood question. If you have the BA App why do you need / would you want to open a boarding pass with another application?
LOL, we were both updating at the same time.
The pkpass is a much better IMHO, but most importantly I can send the pkpass files to those traveling with me so they don't need the BA app.

My usual travel partner for instance can't add any more apps as the memory is really full on the phone.
It just seems silly to me you can't download it from the website in your choice of format (just like Wizz do).
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kudos1uk
LOL, we were both updating at the same time.
The pkpass is a much better IMHO, but most importantly I can send the pkpass files to those traveling with me so they don't need the BA app.

My usual travel partner for instance can't add any more apps as the memory is really full on the phone.
It just seems silly to me you can't download it from the website in your choice of format (just like Wizz do).
With BA you can have multiple boarding passes on one phone (YMMV with other carriers though I suspect many airline apps do similar)

Obviously this does involve your travelling companion giving up a bit of their 'sovereignty' to manage their BPs on your app.

As far as I am aware there is no facility to download a pkpass file from BA outside of the iOS version of the app, but I'm no expert.
kudos1uk likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Confirmed
Use web version and change user-agent of your browser to safari/iOS will get the link for you
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKRan
Use web version and change user-agent of your browser to safari/iOS will get the link for you
Good idea, you mean like a chrome user-agent switcher extension.
I will give that a good, great idea.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:44 am

Or just send them a screenshot?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GGL
I think you can also email yourself a link to the pkpass?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Or just send them a screenshot?
Thank you, this is what we have been doing, it works but is not ideal.

Originally Posted by armouredant
I think you can also email yourself a link to the pkpass?
Do you know how, this was my question and I have never seen a way to do this on either Android or Windows 10.
I assumed it was only downloaded by the iphone app but will try the agent switcher suggested above (I don't hold out too much hope though), I suspect the webpage will be the same on every device and it would take an iphone app to get the pkpass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.