BA211 (LHR-MIA) delay - 5/11

Old Nov 5, 19, 11:25 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 33
BA211 (LHR-MIA) delay - 5/11

All -

Currently stuck on the BA211 to Miami having boarded on time, only to be delayed by 2 hours and counting owing to an IFE issue (CIVN with the old Rockwell system - I think).

Lots of men in hi-vis rummaging around in a cupboard under the stairs. Not a peep from the crew on when we are likely to be on our way, but to their credit water and snacks are being distributed.

Has anyone experienced a similar delay on the ground and, if so, any thought on how long it might take to fix? Personally I’d rather we just be on our way with dodgy IFE.
Mekko is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:28 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Posts: 907
Originally Posted by Mekko View Post
All -

Currently stuck on the BA211 to Miami having boarded on time, only to be delayed by 2 hours and counting owing to an IFE issue (CIVN with the old Rockwell system - I think).

Lots of men in hi-vis rummaging around in a cupboard under the stairs. Not a peep from the crew on when we are likely to be on our way, but to their credit water and snacks are being distributed.

Has anyone experienced a similar delay on the ground and, if so, any thought on how long it might take to fix? Personally I’d rather we just be on our way with dodgy IFE.
Surprised they'd delay a flight for an IFE fault, guess they're fearing the comp claims/complaints.....
tuonopepper is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:33 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
Posts: 1,340
Originally Posted by Mekko View Post
All -

Currently stuck on the BA211 to Miami having boarded on time, only to be delayed by 2 hours and counting owing to an IFE issue (CIVN with the old Rockwell system - I think).

Lots of men in hi-vis rummaging around in a cupboard under the stairs. Not a peep from the crew on when we are likely to be on our way, but to their credit water and snacks are being distributed.

Has anyone experienced a similar delay on the ground and, if so, any thought on how long it might take to fix? Personally I’d rather we just be on our way with dodgy IFE.
When you say, “not a peep”, you are discounting all the captains announcements?

We’ve not heard anything since the “6pm” estimate granted.

the captain was around earlier...
ukgooner is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:35 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
Posts: 1,340
Originally Posted by tuonopepper View Post
Surprised they'd delay a flight for an IFE fault, guess they're fearing the comp claims/complaints.....
Apparently the level is static was a “no-no”, and they won’t let this plane depart if they can’t fix it.
ukgooner is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:36 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Posts: 907
Originally Posted by ukgooner View Post
Apparently the level is static was a “no-no”, and they won’t let this plane depart if they can’t fix it.
Ah, makes sense in that case..
tuonopepper is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:37 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by ukgooner View Post
When you say, “not a peep”, you are discounting all the captains announcements?

We’ve not heard anything since the “6pm” estimate granted.

the captain was around earlier...
Perhaps, but one announcement that its “going to be at least another hour” well over 90 minutes ago probably doesn’t quite cut it for most PAX.
Mekko is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:39 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
Posts: 1,340
Originally Posted by Mekko View Post
Perhaps, but one announcement that its “going to be at least another hour” well over 90 minutes ago probably doesn’t quite cut it for most PAX.
so you probably mean not enough peeps. Not being pedantic or anything. Still the beer is nice

im just hoping we will push over the 3 hour limit now...
ukgooner is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:42 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by ukgooner View Post
so you probably mean not enough peeps. Not being pedantic or anything. Still the beer is nice

im just hoping we will push over the 3 hour limit now...
Fancy sending one down the back?

The app is now suggesting we will not make up much, if any, time en route...
Mekko is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:46 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
Posts: 1,340
Maggie has just said what we could all guess. They can’t fix it...
ukgooner is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:47 am
  #10  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Posts: 1,229
Originally Posted by Mekko View Post
Fancy sending one down the back?

The app is now suggesting we will not make up much, if any, time en route...
@Mekko FT Spirit ... send a beer down to ukgooner
deboyzoned is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:47 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 33
Update from the crew that there is no further update.

Careful what you wish for, as they say.
nancypants likes this.
Mekko is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:48 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
Posts: 1,340
Currently going down a hole in the floor
ukgooner is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:53 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
Posts: 1,340
He can’t find the breaker. (apparently) abd they need to phone “Rakey”...
ukgooner is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 11:57 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by ukgooner View Post
He can’t find the breaker. (apparently) abd they need to phone “Rakey”...
One might think they come across these issues increasingly frequently on these old birds, but I get the impression the engineering team are really scratching their heads.

Shame that they didn’t realise it was going to take so long and to offload everyone; could have put away another dim sum basket in the lounge...
Mekko is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 12:06 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
Posts: 1,340
Originally Posted by Mekko View Post
One might think they come across these issues increasingly frequently on these old birds, but I get the impression the engineering team are really scratching their heads.

Shame that they didn’t realise it was going to take so long and to offload everyone; could have put away another dim sum basket in the lounge...
“Rakey” is fresh out of ideas

One more tribute then
ukgooner is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: