CX888 - with YVR stop

Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Actually it does matter

if for example you fly BA LHR-SIN-SYD on BA 11 on one ticket you get one set of TPs for the whole trip even though you stop and SIN, get off and then reboard again. You don't get the TPs for separate LHR - SIN and SIN - SYD trips.
well as it turns out for CX yes you can get credit for HKG-YVR-JFK, I posted a pic of the coupons, and here is a picture of the credited avios and TP s on my account. I
I am trying now to add the print of the statement but the pic does not lead

Last edited by high.and.above; Nov 6, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Cryofern
CX credits 865 and 888 to its own frequent-flyer program exactly the same number of miles and tier points as from its six non-stop flights*. I claim no knowledge of how any of these flights credit to BA's program, though.
*unless you've purchased both legs as separate tickets; I've wanted to try this to satisfy my curiosity, but it seems a bit risky with regards to immigration/security
HKG-YVR-JFK were on the same ticket number.
You just need a good TA that knows how to sell this kind of route in order to get fullcredit
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:43 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by high.and.above
Nope, they DO NOT. AS you can see on my picture attached below, you can see that is two separate coupon and got credited accordingly.
Alaska refused my request for separately credit the segments with that argument and the fact I only had one boarding pass stating HKG-JFK despite the YVR stop.
SKRan likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
thanks so much, i'll try to add value, god knows I've derived enough lately!!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dominicus
Alaska refused my request for separately credit the segments with that argument and the fact I only had one boarding pass stating HKG-JFK despite the YVR stop.
Oh I see, in my case I always had two boarding pass(hkg-yvr and yvr jfk) but I specifically asked my TA to have it booked as two separate coupons
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:51 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Originally Posted by high.and.above
Oh I see, in my case I always had two boarding pass(hkg-yvr and yvr jfk) but I specifically asked my TA to have it booked as two separate coupons
I should have done so (can work it on priceline too). As CX tickets almost always offer free transfer in YVR as part of ticket conditions so the price is same and extra miles earned
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dominicus
I should have done so (can work it on priceline too). As CX tickets almost always offer free transfer in YVR as part of ticket conditions so the price is same and extra miles earned
I think there are some extra taxes, not sure tho. For the comfort and the extra avios and TP's totally worth it
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:37 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

I think an extra security charge and misc tax of Canadian airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.