Search

Why BA says I'm not silver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, BA
Why BA says I'm not silver

Hi guys,

This may be a common question. I've just got back from a holiday/points run from Vietnam which has put me on 630 tier points including 2 BA flights Syd-Sin. My app says I have only flown 2 of 4 segments but I have flown 4 on BA metal which are listed in my flight history. This is my first year as a BAEC member which is why I am confused because I had no problems when I became Bronze.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for any advice
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
It’s a known glitch. If you have done your four flights you will be fine. Just give it a couple of days to tick over.
LiveForTravel likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The app is buggy when it comes to eligible flights. If it shows you have done your 4 on the website I wouldn’t worry. Status change usually happens a day after the flights post.
LiveForTravel likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, BA
Thanks for your replies, that puts an end to a head ache ha
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
I'd advise to leave it 5 days since you took your 4th flight, log out the app and log back in. This forces it to verify information and ask if there's any new data associated to your account. This, more often than not, makes everything match up. MrsClam has an iphone, I have an android phone and her TP's usually update properly whereas I often find a logout/ in is required.

If it's still not there you could call up to ask them to verify your 4 sectors have registered their end but probably unneeded.

Also WELCOME TO SILVER! & congrats on achieving it. Enjoy those lounges and not having to pay to reserve a seat anymore( and remember it's now free to select said seat at time of booking, just please avoid selecting 2A-C on any flight you take in case you're on the same flight & steal our preferred seats at which point we'd obviously fall out lol)

Last edited by TWCLAM; Nov 3, 2019 at 2:30 pm Reason: correcting some terrible typos
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Someone else with 2A-C as their favourites Close to the front, and stowage for the laptop bag
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Someone else with 2A-C as their favourites Close to the front, and stowage for the laptop bag
Indeed. Also prefer not to have an armrest table. Being perennial Silvers we appreciate that row 1 is reserved for 'higher ups' on LH so don't even bother and yes row 2 means we can put laptops or bags under the seat so less faff getting them back out. No, rational, reason why but we much prefer the left side of the plane and even get miffed if we have to have 2D-F. SH obviously 2A-C gets you better chance on 1st choice on meals as well although tbf loading levels seem to have improved somewhat from when the catering was last changed.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
No, rational, reason why but we much prefer the left side of the plane and even get miffed if we have to have 2D-F.
Nothing wrong (or even unusual IMHO!) in preferring that side of the plane
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Nothing wrong (or even unusual IMHO!) in preferring that side of the plane
Agreed, although I recall reading some statistics that the right hand side is a more popular choice (https://thepointsguy.co.uk/2018/01/p...-of-the-plane/). I always prefer the left (my EDI> LHR > xxx routes are always always 2A, 1A, 1A, 2A, or similar). I have sometimes found myself in F or K and been quite disoriented
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some people alternate preferred side of plane on east to west versus west to east flights since they either want or do not want the sun coming in their window(s).
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some people alternate preferred side of plane on east to west versus west to east flights since they either want or do not want the sun coming in their window(s).
They must be the posh people.
nwmgc and TWCLAM like this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Just booked flights to Palma next August and the only 2 seats already booked are 2A-C - had to go with 2D-F!
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Don't worry, as others have commented, the App often needs a few days to catch up.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by stuvoi
Just booked flights to Palma next August and the only 2 seats already booked are 2A-C - had to go with 2D-F!

Yes they are. I knew you were planning on going so I booked it and the seats purely to make my point! ( I jest)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.