Child free zone for airports

Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, JAL
Child free zone for airports

I wonder if ever an airport could be designed such that we could have an escape from these noisy tyrants. It's been several days of travelling and unfortunately unless I'm being stalked, they seem to be everywhere, each one more annoying than the last. I would complain in the lounges and move, but really there is nothing that can be done. I wonder if BA could consider such an act or whether it would breach some equality law. Ageism?

Disgruntled, Randolph

Edit: I forgot to say that even headphones can't block them out a lot of the time. Parenting, clearly a thing of the past. And then tablets played out a loud... Whatever next.
Thysk likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Can't find the popcorn just now. Very sad.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LCY8737
Can't find the popcorn just now. Very sad.
I suppose there is always the possibility that they couldn't find a space big enough to house everyone who wants to get away from it, including parents.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
I suppose there is always the possibility that they couldn't find a space big enough to house everyone who wants to get away from it, including parents.
Do you mean the loud American crybabies in the lounges shouting into their FaceTime the latest IPO super secret insider info?
bisonrav, T8191, Thysk and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Do you mean the loud American crybabies in the lounges shouting into their FaceTime the latest IPO super secret insider info?

They should also be in there.
I had to listen to this spaniard through my headphones breaking down the export/import business and why it was failing out of Brazil. Intrusive but easier to deal with, sadly. I agree, the guy in HND shouting about his IPO stuff bothered me and we were too polite and ignored him. Can confirm death stares didn't work.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I wonder if BA could consider such an act or whether it would breach some equality law.
I've never seen it at airports, but Scoot has a quiet zone called ScootinSilence that does not allow anyone under the age of 12. I'm not sure what they do with noisy adults though!

They, however, do not have any ScootinSilence in business (well, what we probably know as premium economy) class.
RollAnotherFatOne likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:02 am

I wonder if ever an airport could be designed such that we could have an escape from these noisy tyrants.
It does exist already, it's called "general aviation terminal". You get to choose who gets on your plane as well!
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the support guys. Nice to know the are fellow sufferers out there who empathise.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Thank you for the support guys. Nice to know the are fellow sufferers out there who empathise.
Sitting opposite a French guy in T5 GF on a Skype Call on his Macbook. If fact the only reason it isn't annoying is he looks so funny.

I think he needs to install Skype on his phone.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've never had a single issue with children in lounges or on planes. Sat next to a mother with an infant in a bassinet once and no real issues there.
As with others here, it's the "walker talkers", "loudmouth business callers" etc. that are an issue. Had at least 3 within 30ft of me in GF the other day (2 of them seemed to be developing software for the same company, but were unrelated).
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xenole
I've never had a single issue with children in lounges or on planes. Sat next to a mother with an infant in a bassinet once and no real issues there.
As with others here, it's the "walker talkers", "loudmouth business callers" etc. that are an issue. Had at least 3 within 30ft of me in GF the other day (2 of them seemed to be developing software for the same company, but were unrelated).

In the hope of being diplomatic and fair, I don't wish to name certain regions that have some clear offenders with regard to the examples you provide.

I'm traveling through Asia and this one family last night, had no regard for anyone else. Their kids had clearly learnt their stupid behaviours off their parents. Nothing to do with Asians, Asia is the biggest continent by populus and there are multiple subdivisions, and subcultures etc. And if they weren't Asian one day, they could be Norwegians the next day. I just think elsewhere, I people might have spoken up and said what is going on. I'm sadly with disability so find talking up a big challenge. Sadly some people's behaviours can be so intrusive, it's rather saddening. Regards. R
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by The Geek
Sitting opposite a French guy in T5 GF on a Skype Call on his Macbook. If fact the only reason it isn't annoying is he looks so funny.
Reminds me of when I see people talking pictures with iPads
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Why stop at child-free zones? I'd rather we made airports and planes entirely child-free. And trains and shops. Just lock them up 'til they're 16. No more squeaky, annoying little voices everywhere.

And using FaceTime in public should be punishable by flogging.

I think I've just worked out why they sometimes used to call me Victor at work...(that's one for those of a certain age amongst us).
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Misco60
Why stop at child-free zones? I'd rather we made airports and planes entirely child-free. And trains and shops. Just lock them up 'til they're 16. No more squeaky, annoying little voices everywhere.

And using FaceTime in public should be punishable by flogging.

I think I've just worked out why they sometimes used to call me Victor at work...(that's one for those of a certain age amongst us).
Agree with your sentiments obviously. Seen but not heard. Good behaviour and respect of elders a thing of the past, sadly.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Doesn't have to be a "kids free zone", just a "quiet zone".

If I need some peace and quiet in T5 I head for the tunnels!
RollAnotherFatOne and tynmar like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.