Companion voucher

Old Nov 1, 19, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Companion voucher

Can anyone advise on this query.
I had the black american express card and earned my companion voucher in the first 6 months needing to spend 10k in the year I then downgraded to the blue card and my american express app then showed spend another 10k so this would be 20k spent which is the regular amount to earn a voucher though the blue card. This extra 10k was spent so my query is will i earn another voucher can anyone advise

Last edited by Garyrobertson; Nov 1, 19 at 1:12 pm
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Sorry, Iím confused about the timings of the spend. If you spent 10,000 with the Premium Plus card (black Amex confuses people to thinking of the Centurion card), did you have your voucher issued? Did you then spend another 10,000 or 20,000 on the regular BA Amex card?
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
Sorry, Iím confused about the timings of the spend. If you spent 10,000 with the Premium Plus card (black Amex confuses people to thinking of the Centurion card), did you have your voucher issued? Did you then spend another 10,000 or 20,000 on the regular BA Amex card?
Nov 18 to nov 19 i needed to spend 10k on premium plus. This 10k was spent by may 2019 and companion voucher that lasts 2 years was issued. I downgraded to blue basic card and my app then showed i was halfway through the spend of 20k to earn the voucher with blue card that lasts a year. This 10k has since been spent prior to end date so my question is should i earn the 2nd voucher
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
The bar in the app made it all the way to the end again just unsure if only 1 voucher is allocated per year. This will be the case with one card but ive had 2 cards in a year
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
All things 241 on the main thread

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

And the main Amex thread

BA American Express credit card
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:30 pm

You can only earn 1 companion voucher per year. For next time, a better strategy would have been to get a card in partners name or another reward card for the extra spend.

Enjoy the voucher!
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
All things 241 on the main thread

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

And the main Amex thread

BA American Express credit card
Yes thread states 1 per.year but that could be per card. This is a different senario as 2 cards have been used in a year
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Garyrobertson View Post
so my question is should i earn the 2nd voucher
No, one per year is the max
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
No, one per year is the max
Ok thanks was hoping for a loophole hahaha
Old Nov 1, 19, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Garyrobertson View Post
Ok thanks was hoping for a loophole hahaha
Ha! I donít hold much value in 241 going west especially, USA fees around £700 per person now, better to buy WTP and using using Avios. Using mine for SYD next year and happy with that. All other tickets tend to get better deals and earning Avios and Tier Points not using 241

Search this Thread
Search Engine: