Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA 'Concorde Team' being rolled out across parts of the network

New BA 'Concorde Team' being rolled out across parts of the network

Old Jan 14, 20, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
Since then, they have rolled out the car service for GGLs arriving at LHR from JFK which is meant to pick up at the aircraft and drive to A gates. I am not aware that that has been stopped. I have been told by BA that it should be a service for any GGL regardless of cabin but last time I asked about it at JFK check-in, was told it only applies to GGL travelling in CW and F. now, in my experience, JFK check-in (and worse, CCR reception) love making up rules particularly the 'no, not for you' ones but it does make sense that it's CW up despite BA having told me it's for any GGL in any class on JFK LHR.
I did not get the private transfer on Wednesday after JFK-LHR as a GGL/CCR, albeit I was only in J, not F.That being said, I must be one of the lowest 'value' GGL/CCR members since the majority of my spend goes to OW partners, not BA.
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:48 am

as an add, I don't really see the point of the CCR team service they are doing on LHR - JFK.

I checked in today at the F wing and the agent asked me 'would you like me to call the CCR team' (I think there's a note in the PNR to call them). having previously said yes, where all that happened then was a 'hello mr chris1979, everything ok today? have a great flight', I don't really see the value add here.....
I agree - I had the same back in October or so - had to wait at TFW security for someone to appear, and the basis of the conversation was along the lines of AF/LX/LH F being a better product than BA F. Not sure it was a great use of time for them or me.
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I think there are 3 different things here.

BA did do a 'whisk you to your next flight' service which was started a few years ago. I think the basis was that it only worked for domestic to international connections, i.e. scenarios where pax wouldn't need to clear security again at LHR. that was provided for GGL and/or CW pax on tight connections. 2017 sounds about right - though I didn't know that it had been discontinued.
Premium Transfer Drive has not been stopped. It was expanded to cover international to international connections, but is not a guaranteed service. Where the opportunity exists then our connections team will do their best to deliver this service, but if multiple tasks occur at the same time, then they will prioritise who gets the service.
Old Jan 14, 20, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, IHG Spire, former black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR View Post
Premium Transfer Drive has not been stopped. It was expanded to cover international to international connections, but is not a guaranteed service. Where the opportunity exists then our connections team will do their best to deliver this service, but if multiple tasks occur at the same time, then they will prioritise who gets the service.
that's good to know - thanks for confirming.
Old Jan 14, 20, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Additional data point: myself and my sister (same booking) were met off BA6 on Saturday on 532 (so one of the furthest attached B gates) and driven to the main terminal arrivals area, flying F but on a redemption.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
as an add, I don't really see the point of the CCR team service they are doing on LHR - JFK.

I checked in today at the F wing and the agent asked me 'would you like me to call the CCR team' (I think there's a note in the PNR to call them). having previously said yes, where all that happened then was a 'hello mr chris1979, everything ok today? have a great flight', I don't really see the value add here.....
as a typically transiting customer I must say itís made a big difference when it happened to me, especially my last jfk which arrived over 1hr late. I probably wouldnít care nearly as much when my trip ends in London.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:19 pm

Programs: FB, BAEC, IHG, Hilton
Got met on an inbound flight from Dublin (T5A) and driven to the plane stairs to NYC at the B gates. Certainly saved a lot of walking and hassle. very nice when it happens.
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:26 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Beaulieu View Post
Additional data point: myself and my sister (same booking) were met off BA6 on Saturday on 532 (so one of the furthest attached B gates) and driven to the main terminal arrivals area, flying F but on a redemption.
Do they meet you with your name on a sign? I was supposed to be met on a recent journey but it was unclear upon exiting the aircraft so I continued on solo.
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn View Post
It didn't work for me arriving into LHR from JFK on Sat 4th Jan. I was asked whether I wanted a VIP car on arrival at LHR - obviously I said yes. On arrival, there was no car to pick me up.
I had exactly the same thing on Sunday. Was quite excited to experience it then massively let down. Didn't hang around either - speed is of the essence getting the heck out of LHR!
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:50 am

Programs: AA, BA, BD
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
Do they meet you with your name on a sign? I was supposed to be met on a recent journey but it was unclear upon exiting the aircraft so I continued on solo.
Itís a person with your name on a iPad.
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by fatmac70 View Post
Itís a person with your name on a iPad.
Or no name, no iPad and no person as it was in my case. :-D

Thanks for confirming, at least I know should they ever offer it to me again in the future!
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:56 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Avis PC, Eurostar CB, the Amex plat stuff
Originally Posted by teledude View Post
it does at JFK.
Next step, transfer for F PAX between T7 and T8 on the way to LAX afterwards (I'm on the way to GGL, but not quite there yet...)
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm rather relieved about the buggies being discontinued. There was something weird about an able body bloke in his 30s who'd just had five good hours sleep in F being driven past hordes of exhausted passengers, many of whom were elderly, with young children, or just struggling with a large and unfamiliar terminal.

Frankly, I would rather just have walked. I found the whole experience mortifying.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP;Life time PLT; HH Diamond
Speedbird at half ....

It strikes me BA needs to get the basic product right and not starting up new initiatives, then not followed through or choosing a name like Concord or Concorde for some special sort of service (maybe/perhaps/ if we can be bothered) then it disappears, like the aeroplane itself. Speed up CW refurbishment where you don't have to step over bodies to get to the toilet would be a start, retire ancient 747s and the airline might make an impact!

Last edited by wemyss; Jan 15, 20 at 10:47 am
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Just for a data standpoint. We (family of 4) were offered car service (for LHR arrival) at JFK CCR in Dec 2019 but wasn't offered during check in. I inquired about the qualifications to get such treatment, was told it's for all GGL, and no mention of cabin requirements. Once arrived in T5B, someone hold an ipad with my wife and my name on it, right off the plane. We walked the stair down and took Audi transfer to T5A. I asked if this is a trial (since this is my first experience), was told this is permanent service but recently expanded to include international to international transfer. Which make total sense for me, since most of the time, I just pass by LHR, thus, never offered such service.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: