FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   DFW to LHR return (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1993266-dfw-lhr-return.html)

Bcla Oct 29, 2019 10:57 am

DFW to LHR return

Over the years I have flown British Airways from DFW to LHR every year or two. I am looking to puchase tickets for March of next year. I can only find one flight a day operated by BA outbound and no flights at all operated by BA back to DFW. Apart from the one outbound flight all of their flights are operated by American Airlines. Does anyone have any information on this situation?

gms Oct 29, 2019 11:08 am

It's probably over 10 years since I've been to Dallas, but can only ever remember one daily BA flight. Always recall more AA flights, which makes sense since it is a key AA hub.

From looking at the BA timetables and booking engine I can see a single daily BA flight in both directions, along with AA codeshares.

UKtravelbear Oct 29, 2019 11:10 am

I just picked a random day (11th MArch) and BA is operating BA193 and the BA192 back on the 18th.

So could just not be operating on a couple of dates though I've not checked them all/

So what dates were you looking at?

Bcla Oct 29, 2019 11:12 am

I'm looking at March 28th outwatds and April 18th to return (but am flexible on that) What time did you find for the BA flight for returning to DFW, UKtravelbear and gms?

UKtravelbear Oct 29, 2019 11:22 am

Just did a dummy booking in the app and got so no idea why you're not seeign them

28th March - BA192 departng DFW @ 21.55

18th April - BA193 departing LHR @15.40

Bcla Oct 29, 2019 11:26 am

Thank you, Uktravelbear. I guess they have changed the times they run the flights. In 2017 and the years before, the flight to LHR always left around 6:30 pm and the return flight left around 11 am. Thankyou for your help.

bhbloke Oct 29, 2019 11:32 am

BA reduced a flight a day early this year, and AA took up the slack.

The airframe was deployed somewhere else in the US, where AA were then able to cut a daily flight.

Bcla Oct 29, 2019 11:37 am

Bhbloke, thanks for the info. I was sure they used to run more than one flight daily. I like BAs Wirld Traveller Plus and am not sure that AAs new premium economy will be as good.

teemuflyer Oct 29, 2019 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Bcla (Post 31678308)
Bhbloke, thanks for the info. I was sure they used to run more than one flight daily. I like BAs Wirld Traveller Plus and am not sure that AAs new premium economy will be as good.

Some would argue AA's is better. It's mostly newer, and actually offer business class meal options, albeit plated differently, and not the same F&B offerings as in J. You also get some Casper bedding and better IFE.

Bcla Oct 29, 2019 11:50 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 31678357)
Some would argue AA's is better. It's mostly newer, and actually offer business class meal options, albeit plated differently, and not the same F&B offerings as in J. You also get some Casper bedding and better IFE.

BA offers Business Class meals as well. While the AA looks better as it is newer I've read reviews that say the seats look better but arent as comfy as BAs. Also, the foot rest is tiny unless you can get bulkhead seats where they have leg rests. I'm sure the bedding and IFE is superior though.

Mordac Oct 29, 2019 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Bcla (Post 31678379)
BA offers Business Class meals as well. While the AA looks better as it is newer I've read reviews that say the seats look better but arent as comfy as BAs. Also, the foot rest is tiny unless you can get bulkhead seats where they have leg rests. I'm sure the bedding and IFE is superior though.

Can confirm the seats on BA are better, at least in my own subjective opinion. The food choices are also very odd on AA. Only did two flights on their PE, but there was no meat option in any of them.

Bcla Oct 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mordac (Post 31678421)
Can confirm the seats on BA are better, at least in my own subjective opinion. The food choices are also very odd on AA. Only did two flights on their PE, but there was no meat option in any of them.

I was concerned about the seat comfort. AAs look hard to me. I'm one of the few people who liked WT+ in the 747s. To me, the seats were nice and squishy. I don't care if they are old. I also like my wine in a glass, lol, which BA does. It's about the little things.

Geordie405 Oct 29, 2019 1:40 pm

I agree about the food choices on AA being somewhat strange. Having wine in a glass as opposed to a plastic tumbler is also something I care about. I do actually like the AA seat although the headphone socket is in the most ridiculous place ever! My last trip back to the UK was from DFW - LHR in PE on an AA 777-300ER and it was pretty decent although I didn't sleep well. Breakfast on board was poor but I did enjoy the AA Arrivals Lounge at T3 where I had a very refreshing shower and a decent breakfast before heading over to T5.

teemuflyer Oct 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mordac (Post 31678421)

What?? You didn't get this option? :p (from AA.com https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ium-dining.jsp )

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e475d79b05.jpg

tuonopepper Oct 29, 2019 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 31678357)

I prefer the AA offering for the Busiess Class layout and IFE, never had an issue seating on the 777 300. Food and service is on a par really.