Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ordering a Special Meal when not on BA metal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Bronze : HHonnors Gold : Hyatt Gold

My wife can only eat gluten free food which usually isn’t a problem when travelling on BA flights within or departing from the UK

Her employer has booked her next flight through British Airways to Chicago (and back).
However only one of the flights is on BA metal
EDI to LHR on BA
LHR to ORD on AA
ORD to DUB on Aer Lingus
DUB to EDI on Aer Lingus

She can go into manage my booking on ba.com and complete API but it doesn’t give her the option to order gluten free meals on the transatlantic flights as it normally wood if she was on BA metal.

Should she telephone British Airways to sort or will she have to contact both American Airlines and Aer Lingus?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
she needs to contact each individual airline.
Often1, nancypants and orbitmic like this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
she needs to contact each individual airline.
Ok thanks for that info I’ll let her know.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
If she goes into the BA Manage my Booking page for the flight and tries to select seats for the AA or EI sectors I think she'll be presented with the respective PNRs. By using those with the AA/EI manage my booking pages I believe she'll be able to select meals with them.
nancypants and konagirl2 like this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
If she goes into the BA Manage my Booking page for the flight and tries to select seats for the AA or EI sectors I think she'll be presented with the respective PNRs. By using those with the AA/EI manage my booking pages I believe she'll be able to select meals with them.
I’ll mention that to her as well, thanks.
I know she has selected seats on the AA flight.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Gorcat
My wife can only eat gluten free food which usually isn’t a problem when travelling on BA flights within or departing from the UK

Her employer has booked her next flight through British Airways to Chicago (and back).
However only one of the flights is on BA metal
EDI to LHR on BA
LHR to ORD on AA
ORD to DUB on Aer Lingus
DUB to EDI on Aer Lingus

She can go into manage my booking on ba.com and complete API but it doesn’t give her the option to order gluten free meals on the transatlantic flights as it normally wood if she was on BA metal.

Should she telephone British Airways to sort or will she have to contact both American Airlines and Aer Lingus?
AA can dfinately be done using their website with your PNR number, I did it for the trip I'm on now. I'd suspect AI are the same, if the BA PNR doesn't work then BA should be able to give you the AI one... Contact by phone or even DM on Twitter
Gorcat likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
AA can dfinately be done using their website with your PNR number, I did it for the trip I'm on now. I'd suspect AI are the same, if the BA PNR doesn't work then BA should be able to give you the AI one... Contact by phone or even DM on Twitter
Just to prove I can still be a smartass I should like to point out that AI is Air India. You’re looking for EI.
Gorcat likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
DUB to EDI is Stobart and the only catering is buy on board. EDI-LHR on BA, if in CE, probably isn't worth worrying about.
george77300 and Gorcat like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:48 am

CWS - funnily enough, the domestic CE gluten-free meal is the only airline meal my wife looks forward to! Usually includes a nice selection of fresh fruit.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flygod
CWS - funnily enough, the domestic CE gluten-free meal is the only airline meal my wife looks forward to! Usually includes a nice selection of fresh fruit.
She’ll have to call EI. Their online interface is archaic.
Gorcat likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
She’ll have to call EI. Their online interface is archaic.
Aer Lingus do have a page online where you can fill in the details to request a GF meal. It must be done 48 hours before departure.

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/fo...-request-form/
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Just to prove I can still be a smartass I should like to point out that AI is Air India. You’re looking for EI.
Lol, good spot, that was posted after a fairly long MAN, LHR, YYZ, DFW kind of day.... Shame she's not on AI, decent GF curry served!
golfmad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.