Review of BA2119 at Gateshead

Old Oct 27, 19, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Review of BA2119 at Gateshead

Hi all,

Had seen stuff about BA's centenary Flight of the Future in London.

But it has now moved to Gateshead, before heading across the pond to New York in the new year.

I went along yesterday, and it was a blast.

If you are going along, the Q2 bus from outside Newcastle Station take you to five minutes walk from the door. BA2119 is actually in the black cube-like building you see in front of the PROTO building.

Unlike the London show, there is no exhibition alongside. There are also just two staff, so don't arrive too early or you might have to wait outside if they can't get to the door right away!

I actually booked for two shows, one at 12 noon and a second at 12:30 (the show is just 11 minutes or so). I really liked that since it gave me a chance to see someone else from the outside waving their arms as the tried to fly like a hawk, etc!

The second trip also allowed me to see much more detail, like the Mona Lisa propped in a corner of Leonardo's workshop, and the credits in which there is a Michelangelo!

My full review with pictures is here on our business FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/StrathavenAi...00117646731196 on my businesses Facebook page.

Personally, I think BA should install this in the Concorde Room - much more fun than the vibrating seat massages!
Old Oct 28, 19, 6:04 am

Thanks for your review, flygod. I've been meaning to check this out since it moved up here.

Actually, quite a few FTers are based in Newcastle and the surrounding area.

Is this perhaps be an opportunity for a pre-Christmas FT Mini DO? Happy to help organise.
Stez and Tocsin like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: