FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA4473 DUB - LCY advance delay notification for 25/10 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1992621-ba4473-dub-lcy-advance-delay-notification-25-10-a.html)

MM00LL2 Oct 24, 2019 9:35 am

BA4473 DUB - LCY advance delay notification for 25/10

Just noticed BA app saying Flight on 25/10 is currently showing >3hr delay. ETA into LCY after midnight! Isn't there a night curfew at LCY? Tried calling executive club but they're busy!! Suggestions appreciated.

EJetter Oct 24, 2019 9:54 am

It looks like they’re in the process of re-shuffling aircraft on tomorrow’s flights which is leading to a few anomalies like this. I would imagine the delay will disappear again at some point this evening or tomorrow.

jamesie_version1 Oct 24, 2019 2:14 pm

G-LCYW seemed to be stranded/sick in Dublin tonight which could be driving the shuffling.

rcspeirs Oct 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Whatever algorithm predicts the delay doesn't seem to be programmed to recognise the LCY curfew. It routinely shows arrival into LCY at hours that are beyond curfew - but then there are so many other IT issues at BA I don't suppose fixing this is top of the list

Globaliser Oct 24, 2019 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by rcspeirs (Post 31663040)
Whatever algorithm predicts the delay doesn't seem to be programmed to recognise the LCY curfew. It routinely shows arrival into LCY at hours that are beyond curfew - but then there are so many other IT issues at BA I don't suppose fixing this is top of the list

You are making an assumption that there is any IT issue here at all. What you are seeing is simply a window into internal BA systems. I can think of very many reasons why internal planning systems may be set up to ignore curfews, with those issues to be sorted out later. The more public moaning there is about this, the more reasons BA will have to shut that window and draw the curtains so that we can't see anything.

FlyerTalker39574 Oct 25, 2019 1:43 am

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1 (Post 31662965)
G-LCYW seemed to be stranded/sick in Dublin tonight which could be driving the shuffling.

G-LCYW seems to be well again.

Boeing77W Oct 25, 2019 3:08 am

There is an issue, which has been acknowledged by the company, with the system that the app and website use to draw data from. The guys in the office are unable to suppress downline delays and so a change today which might be resolved overnight will have an apparent impact tomorrow. Word has it that work is being done as part of a big project next year that’ll fix issues like this.