Leaving bags at T5 Arrivals Lounge?

Old Oct 22, 19, 3:36 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RDU
Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 92
Leaving bags at T5 Arrivals Lounge?

Greetings BA forum... I was hoping my fellow flyertalkers could help me out with the following two questions:

I am a OWE (AA ExPlat) and will by arriving into T3 at LHR on Saturday morning from a flight from the US (AA metal, BA ticket, in paid Business) and connecting to a BA flight to Asia departing from T5 in the early evening (BA metal, BA ticket, in paid First). I am meeting a colleague who is arriving on another BA flight scheduled to land at T5, but I have a few hours to kill before his flight arrives. We will both then be on the aforementioned flight to Asia, and both in First.

After he lands, we plan to head out to a pub to watch the Rugby match, have a meal, a few beers, etc. but we really don't want to be hauling our luggage around.

Question 1 - Will there be any issue in me using the T5 BA Arrivals Lounge, instead of the AA Arrivals Lounge in T3? Since I have the time, I was planning to clear customs, take the train to T5, and then meet my colleague once he arrives.

Question 2 - Neither one of us are planning to check a bag, so I will have my carry-on. If I recall correctly, there is a valet luggage check available at the Arrivals Lounge. Would there be any issue leaving our bags there during the day, and then collecting them upon returning to the airport? If not, any other suggestions?

(Alternatively, if the above proves to be a challenge, I'd likely check a bag - but ask AA to not check it all the way through so that I can pick it up in LHR, retrieve a change of clothes etc. to use in the Arrivals Lounge, and then re-check the bag. But, then the question becomes, would BA allow me to re-check this bag around 7 hours ahead of departure?)

Thanks in advance for the help!
razzaba is offline  
Old Oct 22, 19, 3:39 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 26,693
Hi. On your first question, the BA arrivals lounge in T5 is for BA operated long haul flights only.

On the bag issue the lounge closes at 2pm so I don't think that would work either. There is a paid left luggage landside on the ground floor between international and UK arrivals - would be around 10 to leave a bag for the day.
razzaba and orbitmic like this.
KARFA is online now  
Old Oct 22, 19, 3:42 pm
  #3  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 40,659
Originally Posted by razzaba View Post
But, then the question becomes, would BA allow me to re-check this bag around 7 hours ahead of departure?)
Yes, they do allow this, in fact anytime after 05:00 hrs on the day of travel. You qualify twice over - this option is given to Sapphires and above, also to those travelling Club or above. It has to be the terminal of departure however.

In normal circumstances this may well also apply to those prepared to use the self tagging machines too, regardless of cabin or status, but that ability is not guaranteed.

The Arrivals lounge closes at 14:00 hrs anyway.
razzaba and :D! like this.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Oct 22, 19, 3:53 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: BAEC Silver, OWS
Posts: 20
If you're both in F isn't a few hours in the CCR a decent option? I'm sure they must have beer...
razzaba likes this.
drwook is offline  
Old Oct 22, 19, 4:11 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RDU
Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Hi. On your first question, the BA arrivals lounge in T5 is for BA operated long haul flights only.

On the bag issue the lounge closes at 2pm so I don't think that would work either. There is a paid left luggage landside on the ground floor between international and UK arrivals - would be around 10 to leave a bag for the day.
Thanks.... sounds like I will hang out at T3 AA Arrivals for awhile, then head to T5 later on. I hadn't thought of the closing time - so that certainly puts a wrinkle in those plans.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Yes, they do allow this, in fact anytime after 05:00 hrs on the day of travel. You qualify twice over - this option is given to Sapphires and above, also to those travelling Club or above. It has to be the terminal of departure however.

In normal circumstances this may well also apply to those prepared to use the self tagging machines too, regardless of cabin or status, but that ability is not guaranteed.

The Arrivals lounge closes at 14:00 hrs anyway.
Thanks and noted.

Originally Posted by drwook View Post
If you're both in F isn't a few hours in the CCR a decent option? I'm sure they must have beer...
Yes, we do plan to head to the CCR, but I don't envision we'll be enjoying the beer there... something tells me they have better drinks on offer there The real reason we are heading out for a few hours is to meet up with a handful of friends who live nearby and who would not be able to join us at the CCR obviously.
razzaba is offline  
Old Oct 22, 19, 5:53 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by razzaba View Post
Greetings BA forum... I was hoping my fellow flyertalkers could help me out with the following two questions:

I am a OWE (AA ExPlat) and will by arriving into T3 at LHR on Saturday morning from a flight from the US (AA metal, BA ticket, in paid Business) and connecting to a BA flight to Asia departing from T5 in the early evening (BA metal, BA ticket, in paid First). I am meeting a colleague who is arriving on another BA flight scheduled to land at T5, but I have a few hours to kill before his flight arrives. We will both then be on the aforementioned flight to Asia, and both in First.

After he lands, we plan to head out to a pub to watch the Rugby match, have a meal, a few beers, etc. but we really don't want to be hauling our luggage around.

Question 1 - Will there be any issue in me using the T5 BA Arrivals Lounge, instead of the AA Arrivals Lounge in T3? Since I have the time, I was planning to clear customs, take the train to T5, and then meet my colleague once he arrives.

Question 2 - Neither one of us are planning to check a bag, so I will have my carry-on. If I recall correctly, there is a valet luggage check available at the Arrivals Lounge. Would there be any issue leaving our bags there during the day, and then collecting them upon returning to the airport? If not, any other suggestions?

(Alternatively, if the above proves to be a challenge, I'd likely check a bag - but ask AA to not check it all the way through so that I can pick it up in LHR, retrieve a change of clothes etc. to use in the Arrivals Lounge, and then re-check the bag. But, then the question becomes, would BA allow me to re-check this bag around 7 hours ahead of departure?)

Thanks in advance for the help!
You can book Baggage Storage at www.Left-Luggage.com - in all LHR/LGW/STN/LTN/MAN terminals plus major stations and various parts of Europe.
razzaba likes this.
Bluenose5 is offline  
Old Oct 22, 19, 6:17 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dubai/Boston
Programs: BA GGL, AA Plat Pro
Posts: 162
As above, if you cannot check it in, there is a left luggage place that I have used many times.

Don't leave in arrivals, if they find out they get very upset (understandably).
razzaba likes this.
chessers1 is offline  
Old Oct 22, 19, 7:25 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RDU
Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 92
Sounds great. I've used Left Luggage (I think - if not, something similar) at King's Cross/St. Pancras before, and that was quite handy, so I'll keep that in mind as well. Thanks all!
razzaba is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread