Wiki Posts
Search

Which plane has been allocated

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Which plane has been allocated

Good morning!

I know there’s a thread somewhere to ask this question but I’ve searched and can’t find it.

Would anyone know which plane is slated for BA0179 (LHR-JFK) on Friday 25th Oct please? I need to see if I have to download series 2 of Succession to my tablet to rewatch.

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
Good morning!

I know there’s a thread somewhere to ask this question but I’ve searched and can’t find it.

Would anyone know which plane is slated for BA0179 (LHR-JFK) on Friday 25th Oct please? I need to see if I have to download series 2 of Succession to my tablet to rewatch.

Thanks!
Series 2 of Succession is not currently on the IFE so I’d definitely download it if that’s what you’d like to watch. IIRC series 1 is no longer there either.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

Thanks!
I use Flightradar24 for this but it's too early and not listed yet for Friday. I suspect you'll need an insider (staffer) to give you more advance information.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Scheduled to be a 77W
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Also, it is totally irrelevant which plane is currently scheduled to perform this flight, I could change dozens of times before then, right up until departure, so what are you going to do with this information? If you chose not to download your preferred IFE because you expected it to be a plane that has the Panasonic or Thales system and on the day they switch it to something else, would you complain to BA that 4 days ago they had scheduled a better plane? So, download what you would like to your tablet, you never know what you will get on the day on this route.
flygirl68 and deboyzoned like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Like people say, planes change constantly. I like to assume that the airframe I end up on will be rubbish, and pretty much broken. My advice would be make sure you have enough material on your tablet to keep you entertained for the flight (incase IFE doesn't have the content you want, or is broken altogether), and make sure your tablet is fully charged (incase the power supply at your seat has broken as well). Chances are it will be fine and you'll get a 77W with a Thales IFE in perfect working order, but this approach has saved my sanity on more than one occasion!
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Today it's GYMMJ (B772) and tomorrow it's GSTBK (B77W)

Can't see any further ahead than that. Subject to change, as mentioned above.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
Also, it is totally irrelevant which plane is currently scheduled to perform this flight, I could change dozens of times before then, right up until departure, so what are you going to do with this information? If you chose not to download your preferred IFE because you expected it to be a plane that has the Panasonic or Thales system and on the day they switch it to something else, would you complain to BA that 4 days ago they had scheduled a better plane? So, download what you would like to your tablet, you never know what you will get on the day on this route.
Certainly not going to complain either way. I’m just away for three weeks and Sky downloads are time bound for 28 days. If there is going to be a chance of a decent IFE I’ll download something I haven’t seen. If there’s a chance the IFE might be subpar I’ll load something that’ll see me through the entire trip (which would be 10 and a half hours of quality TV I’d like to rewatch)

I’d contend it’s not ‘entirely irrelevant’ which flight is scheduled as, although they do change at a moments notice (and I might not even make my connecting flight) it at least gives me a pointer. Otherwise why schedule? They could just draw planes out of a hat (or hanger) on the day.

But thanks for the information.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Otherwise why schedule? They could just draw planes out of a hat (or hanger) on the day.
I get the impression that that's sometimes not far from what actually happens.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:54 am

In all matters relating to IFE,plan for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing.

Take more content than you can reasonably expect to consume on your whole trip and hope that you need none of it.
flygirl68 and Jimbojumbo like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:16 pm

... If there’s a chance the IFE might be subpar I’ll load something that’ll see me through the entire trip (which would be 10 and a half hours of quality TV I’d like to rewatch)...
There's always a chance that the IFE might be subpar... if no IFE meets your definition of subpar!

rb211.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:17 pm

Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
I could go on...

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.