Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moscow Visa question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
It is a massive pain indeed. Even worse if you're not within easy access of London, and not to mention expensive (sure it was Ł80 or something to get it).

I thoroughly enjoyed Russia but the visa is a real negative.
I'm one of the luckier ones because I'm from Edinburgh where there's a consulate but it seems a real hassle.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I'm one of the luckier ones because I'm from Edinburgh where there's a consulate but it seems a real hassle.
Loved Russia on 2 visits as a tourist, and I live couple of hours from the nearest consulate / fingerprint-taking office. If you live in Edinburgh I wouldn’t hesitate.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:40 pm
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
Spare a thought for the Russians as there are only five UK visa application centres in the whole of Russia!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica

I thoroughly enjoyed Russia but the visa is a real negative.
exactly what I keep hearing from Russian friends who managed to visit UK... so EU is generally preferred among Russians
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by u01sss3
It's not the easiest thing I've ever done, but if there is one near by I'd go for it. The cost of that and the cost of flights are irritating, but worth it when you are there. The Rouble collapsed a few years ago so it's at least pretty reasonably priced when you get there.

I never realised there was one in Edinburgh. I grew up not far from Edinburgh, so just as well I didn't still stay there or I'd have gone to London for no reason!

Suppose the other blocker is the flights, which in fairness can be pricey. We went in via Riga with Air Baltic as the BA/Aeroflot prices were just too much at the time we were looking to go.

Originally Posted by tenn_ace
exactly what I keep hearing from Russian friends who managed to visit UK... so EU is generally preferred among Russians
Very much tit-for-tat I believe, and probably why we can't benefit from the e-visa. A real pity, but that's politics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.